How many posts required to embed images?

Hi MSE peeps. I’m currently seeking help here on a huge DIY project and attempting to post photos so people can see what I’m trying to explain with words.

I’m unable to embed photos because of my post count (I think, as I’ve been a member for 4 years). The only way around is to do an asterisk into the link, which would mean people have to remove it, copy and paste, to see.

Someone was kind enough to quote me and add in the photos so others can see, but ideally I’d like to post them myself.

How do I go about doing this? I understand people spam forums. I’m not a spammer, just trying to seek help. Thanks in advance.
-Lisa.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi MSE peeps. I’m currently seeking help here on a huge DIY project and attempting to post photos so people can see what I’m trying to explain with words.

I’m unable to embed photos because of my post count (I think, as I’ve been a member for 4 years). The only way around is to do an asterisk into the link, which would mean people have to remove it, copy and paste, to see.

Someone was kind enough to quote me and add in the photos so others can see, but ideally I’d like to post them myself.

How do I go about doing this? I understand people spam forums. I’m not a spammer, just trying to seek help. Thanks in advance.

It’s just a case of posting more until the restriction is lifted.

It doesn’t go on how long you have been a member, it goes on post counts.

If you post with asterisks, I am sure another helpful member will post links for you in the meantime.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The forum doesn't publicly specify the number of posts needed.
    Just comment on other threads, and until you get there I'm sure people will be happy to put links up for you.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • sarah1972 wrote: »
    It’s just a case of posting more until the restriction is lifted.

It doesn’t go on how long you have been a member, it goes on post counts.

If you post with asterisks, I am sure another helpful member will post links for you in the meantime.
    elsien wrote: »
    The forum doesn't publicly specify the number of posts needed.
    Just comment on other threads, and until you get there I'm sure people will be happy to put links up for you.
    Thank you. I thought is was post count. Thanks again.
    -Lisa.
  • Thanks for your information because i am also newbie here!
  • I was wondering this also
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport