5 uni students! Help

Come this sept our 5 kids will all be at uni!

1 phd, 1 masters and 3 degrees is there any financial help out there for us parents to assist help our spring.

Comments

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Are they all claiming their full student loan entitlement?

The parental income assessment makes a very small allowance for you having other students to support. From memory it knocks about £1000 off your income for each dependent (including students) you have.

There was a blog Martin Lewis wrote about this ages ago; that the government doesn't make much allowance for this and if you have children with small age gaps they could well be at university and requiring support at the same time.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Thank you sooo muchsilver ar much appreciated.
  • Thanks for contribution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport