Private Diagnosis

A friend is considering going for a private psychiatric diagnosis. Does anyone know a psychiatrists that you can pay privately? The person concerned does not want to see someone on the NHS. To many bad experiences. He prefers private health care.

Comments

• Try the Priory. Expensive about £350 (depending who, where you go for first appointment) usually they will reduce prices of further appointments especially if paying in cash. Look at their website google The Priory you can search for a hospital and read information on different consultants.
  • I'm not sure its the done thing to make such recommendations on MSE all I would say is that maybe the GP could suggest someone?
  • Be wary of the Priory, they have a real mix of reviews. Most private doctors also work in the NHS (they do both), they would have trained in the NHS too, I'd let your friend know this so they are aware. It's up to them if they wish to continue. Mind have some useful advice; https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/seeking-help-for-a-mental-health-problem/private-sector-care/#.XDaGqy7gq9g and there's a useful link to help your friend to find a private psychiatrist on there too.
  • I contacted The Priory that is based in my nearest city, twice. Filled in the contact boxes and wrote what support I needed from them. I wanted to question my diagnosis of Schizoaffective disorder. On both occasions they never contacted me back. I assume its because of my current diagnosis they wouldn't take me on?
  • I contacted The Priory that is based in my nearest city, twice. Filled in the contact boxes and wrote what support I needed from them. I wanted to question my diagnosis of Schizoaffective disorder. On both occasions they never contacted me back. I assume its because of my current diagnosis they wouldn't take me on?

This sounds frustrating :( I doubt they wouldn't take you on because of your diagnosis, more likely their admin is very sloppy. You can search for someone else using the link I've posted above if you want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure