PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• somerandom wrote: »
    146 & 7 - 2x bric-a-brac
    148. Replaced "tired" ironing board cover

149 - Several metres of old S** cable
    150.- cheque paid in
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • 1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Wednesday has been a dry bright & sunny day but oh so cold 🥶 DH & I had hm soup & hm croutons for lunch - quite tasty but have added 0.5 tsp of harissa to spice it up a bit. Dinner was Bolognese sauce from the freezer with pasta from stores - a tad too salty but very tasty. Los have been added to the soup :D.
    My F*tb*t is happy again :rotfl: Today I continued decluttering the contents of the last box from the spare room - gradually getting there but still very slowly. Maybe it is subconscious :o I know I have several large decluttering jobs to do :o

202 - 204 Souvenir booklet, walking map, address book (minus 16 pages) - into CS bag
    205 - 213 Bag of recycling from DH’s office, 3 newspapers, magazine, small cardboard box, 2 thick brochures, small bag of recycling - recycled
    214 - 215 Small bag of rubbish, plastic covers - Binned
    216 Half an inch of shredding

DSis appears to have a good night’s sleep using her machine :T she actually looked rested this morning :T

Cheerleading starts here :)

Beshki, a very good amount of decluttering :T Well Done :T

I am sooo sorry CAFCGirl :( I think the sooner you phone BHF the better :rotfl: Then you will see a massive difference & it will be a weight off your mind :D Might I suggest you take a before & after photo - your room with the stack of bags etc & your room once they have been collected :D Then you can see how successful you have been in the first half of your ‘grand declutter’ :T
    It will spur you on to the finish line :D

Nannywindows, not sure about a minimum amount - my local cs seems to get a list of people who need pick ups & do it all in one morning or afternoon. It could be worth a couple of calls :)
    Well Done on keeping up with the decluttering :T

Congratulations Happy Kitties :T - 100 seems to be a physchological barrier & once you break through it you start to pick up speed :D. Thank you for sharing your DM story, very brave & hopefully helpful to MadamMim.

MadamMim, what lovely thoughtful boys you have - you obviously raised them well :D

:hello: MushyPeas, welcome aboard the ‘Decluttering Bandwagon’ That joyous feeling you felt when you finished your 1st? Declutter should be stored in the memory banks :D it will help you going forward :D If you are struggling with a particular decluttering project just call forth the memory & you will be invigorated :D

short_bird, well done on both the virtual & physical decluttering :T Enquiring minds (or maybe just me :rotfl:) did you burn or shred?

Welcome back osbornbiscuit :T Nice to hear from you :D You have been busy - another one who has caught the decluttering bug & someone else who is gathering in the pennies :rotfl:
    By the way, excellent theory :D

DD265, thanks for popping in :T Decluttering is addictive isn’t it :D Not sure about the perfume, perhaps worth a phone call or do you have a Mission type place who help the homeless - the ladies might appreciate the small luxury of perfume :)

bunty109, Well Done on sorting kitchen cupboards :T I imagine the old spices were those bought for a special recipe ;) which was so much of a faff to make that you never bothered again :rotfl: Please do not forget to take photos of your surprised mum :rotfl:

parsniphead, what a nightmare - I am mad :mad: on your behalf. It actually beggars belief :mad:

See you all tomorrow

MrsSD

MrsSD
    216/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Well done Ginmonster. I struggle so much getting rid of DS's stuff so I admire you. It's too easy to sit and reminise while decluttering.

I've sorted a huge bag of recycling this morning. Where on earth does it come from? Apart from that nothing else as I was too busy trying to sort out finances for when my SSP stops in a few weeks. Apparently I'm not entitled to any help even though I've worked since I was 14 and am now 48. Anyone know how to live off fresh air as cancer doesn't seem to be a bad enough illness. Sorry rant over. I'm just p1ssed off today.

There you go. I decluttered my good attitude.:mad:

Aaarrrrgggg... :mad::mad:
    Just reading this makes my blood boil.. I’m so sorry you are having to worry about finances at a time when you should simply be focusing on yourself and healing.
    Definitely contact the cancer charities like Janb5 said, that and the good old Citizens advice, there are many benefits able to be claimed for all sorts of things.. the DWP etc just don’t like to tell us about them!! The CA however have no targets or ulterior motives so can freely advise what to ask for..
    Sending hugs :smileyhea
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks folks. I was so annoyed yesterday and just needed to vent.

I did the benefits check through Macmillan CAB so it's right unfortunately. They have been brilliant and can only go with the rules of the land. I guess in the eyes of the leaders of the land some of us are worthless.

Going to declutter like mad today. I will be back.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    Parsniphead I'm so sorry that you are in that position. We are living off our private pensions ( they don't add up to much even put together, but we get by as we have some savings to draw down on ) as DH has cancer too and we decided that he couldn't work. We get no help from the government either as apparently he's fit to work even though his cancer is incurable :mad:. Anyway I shall send you a gentle hug.
    I decluttered my ironing yesterday and found 2 cotton rich jumpers that I no longer love. Both now in the cs bag along with 2 small rugs.
    Thanks everyone for the info on the amount that may be collected, I think I will wait for a while as I seem to still be decluttering and I'm now onto bag 4 :eek:. They can stay in the office for now as it's no longer used as an office IYSWIM.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Parsniphead I'm so sorry that you are in that position. We are living off our private pensions ( they don't add up to much even put together, but we get by as we have some savings to draw down on ) as DH has cancer too and we decided that he couldn't work. We get no help from the government either as apparently he's fit to work even though his cancer is incurable :mad:. Anyway I shall send you a gentle hug.
    I decluttered my ironing yesterday and found 2 cotton rich jumpers that I no longer love. Both now in the cs bag along with 2 small rugs.
    Thanks everyone for the info on the amount that may be collected, I think I will wait for a while as I seem to still be decluttering and I'm now onto bag 4 :eek:. They can stay in the office for now as it's no longer used as an office IYSWIM.

It's unbelievable isn't it nannywindow, especially if it's incurable. Sending you hugs too.

I've started some decluttering but there is so much. :eek: I really need a skip.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Well visitors have now gone but will try very hard not to re-clutter the bedrooms. The extra food I bought "just in case" has either been used or now in freezers. Sorting out lots of photos taken at the wake of cousins and their children (still trying to sort out the names and who belongs to who), want to try to put on the family tree as the cousins are getting to the age when they are starting to be interested, only 3 of the aunts & uncles still around to talk to and they are in-law aunts etc, Going to start again in ernest now.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sold a large bedspread. Wrapped and walked to the PO with another three items. So that is great as the bedspread was huge and taking up a fair bit of space in the cupboard. When I looked in there I found some more stuff that will get listed for sale as it's not been used in donkeys and is just hoarding away there.
  • another week nearly over and a good bit of progress made here :)

13 bags to charity shop...
    2 to recycling

got all dropped off this morning enroute to the big city for family gathering. In those bags were soft toys, clothes, ornaments, decor items, cushion covers, cushions, bits pieces of jewellery do someone for crafting..very pleased with this progress ... there will be an echo in my house before you know it :):):)
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone, I started a declutter and went through the house, but I still feel if theres still loads, so Im going to do it again. I know I haven't got a lot of 'things' but I still feel cluttered up. Anyway, I love the idea of putting numbers by things so that's what Im going to do, but as I have to go out in about an hour I will make a start when I get back in. Im sure I can find a couple of bits.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport