MSE Poll: How much of your Christmas shopping have you now done?

Options
Poll started 4 December 2018
We've now fewer than three weeks to go until the big day. So are you a Christmas pre-planner or do you leave it until the last minute?

How much of your Christmas shopping have you done so far? Please choose the option CLOSEST to your situation.
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Everything bought, wrapped and posted. Just food to get.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    Last week you wanted us to push the button and cancel the whole thing so we did :D
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Waiting for a couple of bits to be delivered, and obviously can't buy some of the food this early, but otherwise I'm done bar the wrapping. Have to start early to spread the cost out, and allow for delivery times as 99% of my shopping is online.

It also means though that December itself is pretty much stress free - when the kids were little it meant there was time for crafting, xmas plays etc - now there are no more plays and glitter everywhere is no longer a requirement of Christmas, it just means I can relax before the big day.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Have to start early to spread the cost out

Starting in the January clearance-of-everything-christmassy is a good move :rotfl:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Owain - I used to do that when the kids were little, had a garage for storage and could predict what they'd like/want, but not so much now. Mid October tends to be my starting point - I've found that some things, especially on our regular food/treats list, can actually disappear by mid November (again, have to rely on online shopping, so no chance to scour stores), so leaving it later means struggles.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Done it all.
    Don't exchange presents (except for a couple of people) and will be away for Christmas.
    I HATE the madness that overcomes people in the supermarkets. I stock up with tins and frozen a couple of weeks before, then whatever won't freeze or keep I live without till after Boxing Day.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    All done, I bought the final two items on 29th November, both of which have now been delivered.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Most presents and all cards bought. Some lovely plants to be bought from the garden centre nearer the time.

All meat in the freezer, puds and cakes made. Fresh stuff and cheese a few days before
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    None my wife does it all:rotfl:
    Nothing to see here, move along.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business