Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ben501 wrote: »
    General agreement all round then, and 2 different ways to work out the price. Much though I dislike the company, I hope they don't go under. For those of us on the early fixed tariff it's a good rate, not likely to be seen again. At least that's my opinion.

How do you come up with 2 ways when both the ways you have quoted are the same just shown in a different form.

DD= £100 12 x £100 = £1200

5% of £1200 = £60 x 6 = £360

70% of £1200 = £840 / 6 = £140

0.6 x £100 = £60 x 6 = £360

1.4 x £100 = £140 x 6 = £840
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• saver_sam
    saver_sam Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2018 at 4:09PM
    Options
    I had this reply from them.
    Unfortunately we will no longer be offering that option moving forward, however we hope that we can convince you that this will actually be much more beneficial to your budgeting! The difference in DD is not varying every month but only twice a year for a period of 6 months so you still very much know where you are with things �� plus you have the added benefit that you are not accumulating lots of unnecessary credit with us which you then have to ask to be refunded but instead you are paying for what you use in a more balanced way.

We shall be voting on this with our feet!
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    How do you come up with 2 ways when both the ways you have quoted are the same just shown in a different form.

Not everyone is a maths genius.

0.6x normal
    5% of the annual cost

may both give the same result, but if someone struggles with percentages they may prefer multiplying their monthly amount by 0.6

Personally I'd say 1/20th of the annual bill, but I won't suggest it as an alternative as it irks you so much.
  • Monkey_boy
    Monkey_boy Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 November 2018 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Just had an email from them, saying my direct debit is increasing from £64 per month to £135.93 a month!

I am also £181 in credit so far!

Not happy.
  • libf
    libf Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be leaving. I want to pay the same every month, and in their recalculation they've jacked my overall payments for the year up by over £100 when I'm already overpaying.
  • ogwellian
    Options
    Got my email. Estimated annual charge £390. Currently pay £26 (account is £35 in debit) and new DD amounts are £45.50 and £19.50.

Still overcharging me on membership fee at £10.99 per month.

My bill says estimated annual charge £587 for electricity and £581 for gas!!

It's a mess, but can't get cheaper anywhere else, so I just go along with it.
  • Monkey_boy
    Options
    When pushed over web chat all I got was if you aren't happy we will arrange for someone to contact you, and that was it, no mention of when.

What a joke.
  • colonelblighty
    Options
    DD set at £80 per month, in credit £232 ready for the winter. Got back off holiday to see they're uppiong DD to £140 a month over the winter and £60 from the spring. Not a happy camper at all.
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Current DD £42, winter one now £73, summer one £31. Estimated usage £629 which is rollocks. Am £120 in credit. I’ll webchat tomorrow but I will be moving provider.
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • Princeofstrikers
    Options
    Current direct debit £61.11 - Outfox propose £85.55 from now to April and then £36.67 from next April to October. My contract with them runs out in February 2019.
    This from me in response:
    I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about your proposed changes to my direct debit.
    I can understand your point (even if I find this unique and strange) BUT this should have been implemented back in April or you should wait until next April.
    Your system shows me as being in credit by £136.88 so your proposals will only see this figure increase over the winter term.
    I, therefore, wholly reject your amendment and insist that my current direct debit is not increased.
    I was starting a webchat when it went offline so I assume I'm not the only one who finds this totally unacceptable.
    I worry that this is an early indication that you are facing financial difficulty - how can I be sure this is not the case?
    Anyway, I repeat, I do not agree to your proposal and demand that my current direct debit remains unaltered.
    You will see that my current amount is pretty accurate - it was set by yourselves and my current credit will cover any and all of this winter's bills that might come in at over £61.11.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback