Octopus Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Always on the lookout for the best tariffs but have had so many hassles in the past that I have been with my previous supplier (EDF) for longer than I should have. Finally made the switch to Octopus Energy and it has been a revelation. One email to sign up and then a few emails from them along the way confirming what is happening and then hey presto I was no longer with EDF. No phone calls needed, just a very smooth process. Monthly meter readings are a breeze too. Just enter your readings in the email reminder they send you (your previous readings are shown there for reference) and click submit. No logging into a separate account with usernames and passwords. 5 out of 5.

Very helpful thanks. i am considering Octopus. I have been with M & S Energy (SSE) for a long time and am reluctant to move because their customer service is good.
  • I'd had problems with Scottish Power which took 2 years! to resolve. I stuck it out as their mistakes actually saved me money. When it was all finally fixed I took a chance with newcomer Octopus and switched to them. Seems Scottish Power had not entirely fixed the problem, but it was resolved by Octopus within 2 months and in the meantime they made it possible for my account to carry on correctly while the problem was fixed. Now six months down the line all is running smoothly - enter readings monthly the day before the bill is due and the bill is right up to date. Website is good and easy to navigate. Communication by email with swift turnaround of answers - very immpresive. Would recommend these guys to anyone - and eco friendly too :)
  • sln8458
    sln8458 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I decided to switch to Octopus as my current supplier OVO could not match the deal from Octopus, equates to about £25/month.
    Note: Octopus did not feature in the comparison results on MSE??

Anyway started the switch 06/01/2017, already had emails from them confirming estimated switch dates, details of my deal, user account already set up.

Just waiting now :), will see how things progress.
    SteveN
  • Not much feedback here, so just to update I've been with Octopus a few months now, and so far all fine, they are very responsive to emails, the website is very basic (which is fine with me, it does all you need).

I asked about the estimated usage being added after my monthly readings if they are more than a day before the bill, they know this is annoying and apparently are working on improving this, which is promising.
  • We've got an economy 7 meter which we don't use as such, and have been on a single-rate tariff with another company for a while now.

We tried to swap to Octopus but they said they were unable to put us on a single-rate tariff with an economy 7 meter installed. Deal-breaker for us unfortunately.
  • chasnbex wrote: »
    Octopus but they said they were unable to put us on a single-rate tariff with an economy 7 meter installed.

You just need to get economy 7 meter removed, our old house had the old economy 7 points running from the single rate meter, so its an easy swapover for an electrician.
  • sln8458
    sln8458 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quick update.
    Received an email asking for meter readings, entered online same day.(17/01/2017)

Received an email today 'swap complete' (22/01/2017)
    Seems efficient enough, will report back if we have any issues otherwise all seems fine.

SteveN
  • When sending through your meter readings, could you not simply add the meter reading for your night (economy 7) rate to the reading for the day rate? That's what I have to do with my current energy supplier. (I'm looking to change to Octopus but if they don't accept such readings then it's a non-starter for me too!)
  • When sending through your meter readings, could you not simply add the meter reading for your night (economy 7) rate to the reading for the day rate? That's what I have to do with my current energy supplier. (I'm looking to change to Octopus but if they don't accept such readings then it's a non-starter for me too!)

Suspect not, but best to ask. I used to work for a smaller supplier and the software (to do with settling industry bills) wasn't possible to allow a economy seven meter to be billed as a single rate. Where I work now, it's a simple as clicking a button. Let us know the answer.
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • One month in and so far, so good. Took 18 days from applying to switch to Octopus to the actual switch date. They kept me informed with prompt, clear emails, and sent me meter reading reminders. (This compares very well with BG, which has recently bombarded me with emails containing irrelevant or contradictory info and baffling final statements and even more baffling Transaction History, which I had to phone BG about to have explained - even then didn't understand it).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback