The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The Money Diet: 1p Amazon

2»

Comments

• this aint really moneysaving since all the information is free on this website
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    this aint really moneysaving since all the information is free on this website

True. However, there are times and places, when and where a book is still preferable.

PS. And there is much in the book that is not on the website.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Karl.H_2
    Karl.H_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    I'd prefer to read from books and NOT computer screens. It's MoneySaving when you are not using electricity, though.
    "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
    - Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)
  • Another vote here for GreenMetropolis - I've both bought and sold on there successfully.
  • Ive just bought the money diet too from Amazon 1p + P&P...cant wait!!
    2010 is my DO IT year! grow own bits,savvy shopping,organised!!Get a hobby!!! be fit!! be happy!!
    Saving all change & paying off debts!!
    constantly looking to save money!!! all help needed!!
  • Read the book and it's brilliant. Highly recommended!
  • DaveAshton
    DaveAshton Posts: 7,851
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Karl.H wrote: »
    It's MoneySaving when you are not using electricity, though.
    Also money-saving not to have to go out and buy a PC just to read it ;)

SE
    Back on MSE after a 5 year hiatus.

:heart2: Rhi :heart2:
  • Bought 1p Money Diet after reading this thread. Inc P and P total is £2.76. Can't wait to receive it - new year, new money saving ti[s!!! Yippeeee
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bought 1p Money Diet after reading this thread. Inc P and P total is £2.76. Can't wait to receive it - new year, new money saving ti[s!!! Yippeeee

Recycling at its best! ;) You can even register as an Amazon marketplace seller and sell your copy once you've read it and made over your life! :D

There's a thread all about selling your stuff on Amazon over on the ebay & auctions board.
  • I got his Thrifty Ways For Modern Days book as a gift for my mum on Mother's Day. I was not really sure what to get her and she never really wants anything as a present on this day, but wnated to get her something. I thought that the concept of this book would act as a great present - if I cannot think of something to buy her, then giving her a whole book of money saving advice is a good alternative.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrifty-Ways-Modern-Martin-Lewis/dp/0091912776/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1301906394&sr=8-3
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:D:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Me and the gang!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family