Selling Avios

Options
Hi,
I have approximately 189,000 Avios which I am unlikely to use so would like to sell There is a company called flipmymiles which have offered me around $1000 for them. They are in the USA so would have to pay a small fee for exchanging them for sterling.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Not sure how that will work as they can only be transferred between accounts in your name. It's also against the T&Cs so expect your account to be closed.

Not much in the way of reviews for that particular site, but what there is isn't positive.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some people sell Avios on Ebay: I sometimes buy them there and have had good experiences.

Check whether what you plan to do is allowed by Executive Club: if not, you would have very little protection against fraud.
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You don’t own them, so you cannot sell them. It’s in the T&C you agreed to.
    Legal team on standby
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some people sell Avios on Ebay: I sometimes buy them there and have had good experiences.

Check whether what you plan to do is allowed by Executive Club: if not, you would have very little protection against fraud.

Against the BAEC T&C's to sell them. I've read recently of someone having tall their Avios taken away and account closed for doing it, and the recipient lost all theirs as well.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bubo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have approximately 189,000 Avios which I am unlikely to use so would like to sell There is a company called flipmymiles which have offered me around $1000 for them. They are in the USA so would have to pay a small fee for exchanging them for sterling.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Why you would not use them? You can go to Europe for not many Avois points + a set fee - seems mad not to use them.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure