Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most awful company I have ever dealt with. They have not actioned my closing/opening readings, hence I am being charged by both them and my current suppliers. They are difficult to contact and it's taking forever, 2 months and still not sorted despite many emails, calls and online chats. AVOID.:(

Your new supplier is the problem (not OFTM) - they have the responsibility for managing the switch. ;)

Raise a complaint with your new supplier.
  • Carltonbp
    Options
    Most awful company I have ever dealt with. They have not actioned my closing/opening readings, hence I am being charged by both them and my current suppliers. They are difficult to contact and it's taking forever, 2 months and still not sorted despite many emails, calls and online chats. AVOID.:(

I think I'm having this problem. I spoke to Engie they confirmed my switch went through on the 20th and they are my supplier. However I just got an email from OFTM asking for a meter reading. Tomorrow is bill and direct debit day so fingers crossed.

If it's been 2 months, I'd check the ombudsman.
  • tawse57
    tawse57 Posts: 551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Carltonbp wrote: »
    I think I'm having this problem. I spoke to Engie they confirmed my switch went through on the 20th and they are my supplier. However I just got an email from OFTM asking for a meter reading. Tomorrow is bill and direct debit day so fingers crossed.

If it's been 2 months, I'd check the ombudsman.

I got the same email from OFTM.

Moved over to British Gas in December - gave my first meter readings to British Gas on the 27th December. See in my British Gas account that they estimated from the 20th December.

Have £66 of credit in my OFTM account but OFTM intend to take more money out of my account on the 21st January.

Just spoke online chat with OFTM and they told me that I could cancel the direct debit with them at my end - but reading posts here I have seen some people post that OFTM reiniates cancelled DD and adds a £25 fee on top.

I do not know what to do now - whether I should cancel the DD or not? Would welcome any thoughts.
    This is not financial nor legal nor property advice. Consult a paid professional if in doubt.
  • Pete99
    Pete99 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched on the 5 Dec with credit in my Outfox account, I cancelled my Direct Debit and sent Outfox an email telling them that, they sent a confirmation email on 11 Dec and I got my final bill 3 days ago and apparently my refund is on its way.
  • Scatty
    Scatty Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    tawse57 wrote: »
    I got the same email from OFTM.

Moved over to British Gas in December - gave my first meter readings to British Gas on the 27th December. See in my British Gas account that they estimated from the 20th December.

Have £66 of credit in my OFTM account but OFTM intend to take more money out of my account on the 21st January.

Just spoke online chat with OFTM and they told me that I could cancel the direct debit with them at my end - but reading posts here I have seen some people post that OFTM reiniates cancelled DD and adds a £25 fee on top.

I do not know what to do now - whether I should cancel the DD or not? Would welcome any thoughts.

OTM charge in advance - you aren't their customer now so don't pay in advance. I actually asked them on chat and was advised to cancel my DD this end and they would keep it open theirs and they wouldn't charge. Needless to say I checked my account regularly and I will check my bill thoroughly WHEN I get it. Incidentally I switched to BG the same day as you! Although my details won't go live on my account until 24 Jan. They advised me on Wednesday that they have the readings and will prepare a bill/refund "in due course" within 6 weeks.........
    Woohoohoohooooooooo
  • fgen86
    fgen86 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just downloaded my first bill since the January price changes. I believe they've made an error in my favour by missing out the standing charge. The bill also has duplicate entries for the energy charges although the total is correct.

If the bill is (ever) corrected I'm watching to see if they pro-rate the monthly membership fee (it's meant to be replaced with a daily standing charge from 1st January, part way through my billing period). Not holding out too much hope which is one of the reasons I'll be glad to see the back of the monthly fee - too much leeway for scraping a few extra £'s out of customers. The other reason I didn't like the membership fee was that it was based on estimated annual consumption and for me their estimates have been all over the place - generally putting me in a higher band than I should have been.

I can live with the Direct Debit changes so long as the company clearly communicates their charges - at the end of the day monthly amounts don't matter so long as the underlying charges are correct. They remain the cheapest electricity supplier in my area and I will stick with them as long as that continues. However they don't inspire confidence with the multiple changes of Direct Debit followed by this billing error. I check every bill against my own calculations and would recommend anyone else using this supplier to do the same.

I'm relatively straight-forward as I'm an electricity only customer. OTM aren't making life any easier for themselves by issuing error-strewn bills at a time when they are presumably swamped by customer enquiries related to the recent series of Direct Debit changes.
  • tawse57
    tawse57 Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    Thank both.

I will email OFTM this afternoon and tell them of my intention to cancel my DD, ask them for my credit back, tell them that I do not expect any further charges.

Out of interest, what is the OFTM DD known as now - I recall someone posting on here that OFTM had changed their DD from OFTM to some other company name? Anyone remember the second company name?
    This is not financial nor legal nor property advice. Consult a paid professional if in doubt.
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They are an incompetent operator.

I tried to move from Economy Energy to OTM in October. They began collecting DD payments but never actioned the switch (according to EE). As a result I have been making double payments since October. OTM are very hard to get hold off and I'm getting nowhere with getting my money back. I want to stay with EE and move from them to a more stable operator. OTM seem all over the place with their billing.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, what is the OFTM DD known as now - I recall someone posting on here that OFTM had changed their DD from OFTM to some other company name? Anyone remember the second company name?
    Foxglove Energy (and others, allegedly)
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Just cancel it. They won’t charge you the £25 if you are no longer a customer. If they reinstate it (which they won’t), cancel it. Keep checking your OTM online account for the final bill.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback