Anyone else still waiting?

Options
Is there anyone else on here waiting to change from DLA to PIP?

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    Options
    My son. He has an indefinite award, and the DWP told me about four years ago that dated awards would be dealt with first. I know that some people on indefinite awards have been invited to claim PIP, but it hasn't happened for my son as yet. I believe that there are still many people waiting.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2019 at 6:50PM
    Options
    My friend

He has an indefinite award too

Actually, come to think of it another friend's wife, as well. I am not certain but doubt that it is indefinite. She is over 65.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My son. He has an indefinite award, and the DWP told me about four years ago that dated awards would be dealt with first. I know that some people on indefinite awards have been invited to claim PIP, but it hasn't happened for my son as yet. I believe that there are still many people waiting.

I'm also on an indefinite award ...I thought it would of been done and dusted by now..
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's obviously many many of us then.. obviously not as easy as they thought it would be when they gave us the timelines..
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    The timelines have been skewed beccause so many people have requested Mandatory Reconsideration and tribunals. This has delayed the process by quite a long time. The 'end date' for transfers has been put back at least twice. I was told by the DWP (in early 2014, just before my son turned 16) that everyone would be sorted by October 2015, and again was told that everyone would be sorted by the end of 2017. I read somewhere (but can't remember where!) that the latest date for completion is 2021.
  • Green_garnet
    Options
    This might be a totally different thing but, in case not, I sometimes make 'phone calls for a neighbour, well in her 70's now, who is a bit deaf and has poor eyesight.

Because of a number of different health conditions she has received DLA for many years and had been told it would be ? lifelong or ? indefinite. She heard at a tea social group that she should not be getting DLA and should apply for Attendance Allowance. She asked her district nurse who said to leave everything as it is and, if transfer to Attendance Allowance was needed, she would be contacted. As a result, advised not to telephone DLA to apply for this other benefit.

Is this the same, or different from changing to PIP, thank you?

Green garnet
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    This might be a totally different thing but, in case not, I sometimes make 'phone calls for a neighbour, well in her 70's now, who is a bit deaf and has poor eyesight.

Because of a number of different health conditions she has received DLA for many years and had been told it would be ? lifelong or ? indefinite. She heard at a tea social group that she should not be getting DLA and should apply for Attendance Allowance. She asked her district nurse who said to leave everything as it is and, if transfer to Attendance Allowance was needed, she would be contacted. As a result, advised not to telephone DLA to apply for this other benefit.

Is this the same, or different from changing to PIP, thank you?

Green garnet

If she was was 65 or over on 8th April 2013, she will remain on DLA. As you say that she is 'well into her 70s', I assume that she is in this situation.

Attendance Allowance is for new claims. She should not apply for this instead, as there is no mobility component on AA. Therefore she could lose money (assuming that her award includes mobility). AgeUK can advise, but if she was born after 8th April 1948, she will remain on DLA.
  • Green_garnet
    Green_garnet Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 January 2019 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Thanks very much. What you say fits with the District Nurse's advice - not to apply for Attendance Allowance.

I'm pleased she asked before applying for Attendance Allowance. In addition to not having any upheaval she knows where she stands just now and the good advice is not to apply for a different allowance. She is about mid to late 70's and manages to live alone with community help from the nurse and others. At times I think she is quite vulnerable but the help to enable her to stay at home is good.

Green garnet
  • John1429
    John1429 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My wife on indefinite award. Still no letter to apply for PIP. Earlier quote of 2021 for completion would be good if true.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure