IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement LTD Hospital Fine

danmc1309
danmc1309 Posts: 32 Forumite
First Post
edited 25 February 2017 at 1:35AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello all,

First post here after receiving a letter from Civil Enforcement LTD. I apologise if I've placed this in the wrong section or missed some crucial reading but after spending an hour or so reading the forums I'm feeling a little lost and wondered if my situation warranted an appeal.

I received a letter this week which states date issued 6th Feb 2017, however the PCN issue date is 26/10/16 and I've received no correspondence until this point.

Thanks in advance

hxxp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Dannymc1309/car%20park%20sign_zpsnjj9pf1t.jpg

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    CEL will not accept an offer and nor should you be making one to that bunch.

You need to simply make a complaint to PALS (Google it) and do that quickly because CEL sue people. We are not saying to panic & pay. Complain to PALS and make it clear this was an emergency.
    edit - I'm struggling to upload the photos. I hosted at photobucket, anybody know how i can get these on here without infringing on new poster link rules?
    Do what all other newbies here do - change http to hxxp to break the links.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 February 2017 at 11:03AM
    You should immediately delete the first two pics! They have nothing to do with parking and are of a personal nature.

You also need to immediately remove the fourth image as you have left the VRN visible.

The third pic is OK, and it's a forbidding sign.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Dannymc1309/car%20park%20sign_zpsnjj9pf1t.jpg
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ok removed as advised, forbidding sign meaning that's all is valid? I see the sign states charges of 35/70 depending on period of payment, yet a letter turns up stating I owe them 170. Is this fair for the loss of one parking spot for an hour or two?
  • I will look into the complaint today thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 February 2017 at 1:28PM
    danmc1309 wrote: »
    Ok removed as advised, forbidding sign meaning that's all is valid? I see the sign states charges of 35/70 depending on period of payment, yet a letter turns up stating I owe them 170. Is this fair for the loss of one parking spot for an hour or two?

what is "fair" regarding loss is no longer an issue since the BARRY BEAVIS case in the SUPREME COURT 15 months ago (which was actually the 3rd of 3 losses in 3 courts)

its about them proving beyond 50% that they have a valid case, and about you proving beyond 50% that they do not have a valid legal case , based on legal arguments

"fairness" does not come into legal matters like this , not unless you get a judge that will rule on "mitigation" in your favour , OR if you can prove it is a "penalty" instead
  • danmc1309
    danmc1309 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 18 February 2017 at 4:28PM
    So I should be appealing to PAL and then waiting to hear but if no luck with that I'm going to have to pay do we think?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 February 2017 at 10:57AM
    Nobody here will suggest you pay. You will just be funding the scammers to scam even more vulnerable people.

Complain to PALs and appeal to the scammers using the BPA template in blue you will find there. Copy and paste and send. No editing. Don't reveal who was driving. Further reading of the NEWBIES will explain the next steps (PoPLA appeal) you need to follow if PALS aren't interested.

Seeing the letter you posted earlier will help the regulars, but make sure you redact ALL personal information, and try to get it the right way up this time please.

Forbidding means the scammers are not offering anything to park. It will be one of several appeal points you will use at PoPLA, but don't miss the deadline for the initial appeal.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ok thanks for your time, fingers crossed.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    danmc1309 wrote: »
    So I should be appealing to PAL and then waiting to hear but if no luck with that I'm going to have to pay do we think?

No and no.

You are not 'appealing' to PALS and this is not about luck. You are complaining to PALS and (either way) you will not be paying.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Appeal template letter sent to CEL and debt collector email contact on letter. Complaint sent to PALS and direct to North Manchester General Hospital.

Updated covered letter uploaded below

hxxp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Dannymc1309/car%20park%20letter_zps6aznxmgw.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure