Lloyds have frozen my account

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Is your launderette a cash only business?

adindas wrote: »
    If you get picked up by the newbies working in the bank then yes ...
    For senior bankers they could easily see that If the money is coming and going into UK Bank A/C almost no chance for money laundry.

I have about £35,000 each month coming in and out from my Santander 123. I never get any problem with Santander.

But it was a problem when I tried to open a new bank account with Lloyds Bank and it were dealt by a newbie ... It will need the senior staff involvement before they decide it was not a money Laundry.

It seems to me LBG is the one in the front line for mistakenly pick up someone for money Laundry. I have seen a few cases like this in this forum vast majority come from LBG and TSB.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bigadaj wrote: »
    OP try and contact your MP, they would be eager to help no doubt, vulnerable consitituent versus a bid nasty bank, they'd be onto the chief execs office, though you could try this approach directly as well.

I would email the Lloyds Group CEO, Ant!nio Horta-Os!rio. He won't deal with your query himself but will give it to his Executive Complaints team to handle. They are usually very good.

antonio.osorio at lloydsbanking.com

Also write to your MP, or call their office. If you don't know who they are, you can find out here: http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

Good luck!
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,804 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Cem2016 wrote: »
    I do have another account already with Barclays which is running perfectly fine but I don't have any savings or money in that account. As soon as this is resolved, which I hope it is soon, then I will be withdrawing everything and putting into my other account.

Surely to prevent a possible reoccurence of the same problem you'd be better off spreading your money across both acounts so you have access to one if the other is down for any reason ?
  • Ed-1 wrote: »
    A 646 by definition makes account transactions prohibited. I know from experience. Anything sent to the account bounces straight back (i.e. it rejects the payment).

Of course the OP may not have a 646. They might have an indicator that blocks outgoing payments.

Again, incorrect.

Regular BACS credits such as salary or benefits can still be accepted into the account. I know this from experience.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Again, incorrect.

Regular BACS credits such as salary or benefits can still be accepted into the account. I know this from experience.

You may be right. From my experience, a 646 blocks electronic transfers by FPI and is described as 'account transactions prohibited' so by definition I assumed it would block any incoming payments as it would be a transaction.

I know direct debits out can still be accepted but they require a manual release with account blocks there, but when 646 indicators were applied to all my accounts last year (pending closure) the letter I received stated 'In the meantime I have applied blocks to all your accounts to stop any further transactions. You will need to make other arrangements for any regular payments, standing orders and direct debits on your account as no further payments will be accepted'.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Is your launderette a cash only business?

It is not a launderette cash. Also it is not a business account but it is a personal account.

Some people are moving money in and out especially during the weekend for stoozing purpose to optimize the interest

There are quite a few way of doing this as discussed here.

http://www.stoozing.com/forum/YaBB.pl

If it get picked up by a newbie a banker they will not understand ...
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Lloyds did the same to me on my credit card with them. I was having a day out with my girlfriend and most of the day was ruined because I was on the phone to the bank. I sold my PlayStation to upgrade it, so once I got the money, I tried to order on Argos' Fast Track and it kept getting blocked. The website said Lloyds would ring me, they didn't so I had to ring them. They claimed my card was then active after a load of security questions, and it worked in McDonalds and then still wouldn't work online.

I kept phoning them and pressuring them and they sorted it eventually. If you phone them up and complain about your card being blocked, they'll probably get it sorted out for you! Especially if you explain the circumstances.

And then do what I did, complain, they'll usually give you compensation for the trouble they gave you
  • Cem2016
    Cem2016 Posts: 10 Forumite
    **update**
    Still no movement on the account but his morning I called again and the man I spoke to couldn't transfer me to the relevant department because they had been evacuated from the building. He did however give me their number and name when apparently he shouldn't have. So the department dealing with it is "Global transaction unit" I rung the number he gave me and they answered as collections. Can anyone shed any light on what this unit is exactly?
    And for the record I have no outstanding debts. I have a mortgage, car finance and a credit card but all payments are up to date and are not with Lloyds.
    Headache continues
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,890 Forumite
    **update**
    Still no movement on the account but his morning I called again and the man I spoke to couldn't transfer me to the relevant department because they had been evacuated from the building. He did however give me their number and name when apparently he shouldn't have. So the department dealing with it is "Global transaction unit" I rung the number he gave me and they answered as collections. Can anyone shed any light on what this unit is exactly?
    And for the record I have no outstanding debts. I have a mortgage, car finance and a credit card but all payments are up to date and are not with Lloyds.
    Headache continues

Ring the general Lloyds number and ask them to check account and customer indicators and to tell you what indicators are on your account. I've got a list of all indicators used by LBG as I asked for them as part of a DSAR. It may help you to identify what it is on your account and why it was placed there - it could have been a mistake.

Global transaction unit sounds like a payment has been attempted from your account or into your account from/to an account abroad.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    **update**
    Headache continues

As I have already advised speak to the Complaints dept as they are very quick in dealing with issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure