In the nick of time

Comments

• jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    I wonder if we are either end of Chester (so bad at north east etc!!). Love that Airbnb continues to be good, if you are picking up OT make sure you are still getting time to relax and look after yourself! Sorry stuff with DD1 have been difficult, hopefully it will all even out! Concert sounded fab as well!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Pay day tomorrow for both of us :D

I have already made a few lists of monthly payees :D It will be the first month with my new bank accounts... I will be OPing £300 up front as my OT from last month will be accounted for and my regular OP seems to have been dropped from the bank account switch. I may even get another £80 added to that as lodger usually pays on a Friday :D

My OH's pay is 4 weekly and I wasn't sure about a couple of DD's coming out prior to payday.. I think I will be able to move £175 into our holiday account as they will no doubt come out tomorrow :D

We have spent a lot this month, so may savings will need to be topped up. We've bought some fencing for our front garden to make it safer for dog and GD. We have had to be careful as its a conservation area and we didn't want complaints from neighbours or council. We have bought temporary fencing by P@nacea which can be fixed to the ground, but easily moved if we are forced. Our house is the only one on the terrace that has always had a fence, however we didn't want to just replace the rotten wood. There is a right of way to allow access to the other properties so our gates will only be closed when we are in the garden.

I did a lot of jiggling about of accounts, not only 2 new banks and saving accounts, but CC 0% also. I will pay £100 to this and next weeks @irbnb money will OP car loan and reduce interest :D

My calculations seem pretty healthy so I'm wondering if I've forgotten something ....
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    edited 27 May 2016 at 12:57PM
    It's DD2's final day at school today... exams next month, but the end of an era :) I'm making it a smiley not sad face as she is hopeful of getting a job for the summer in a friends care home. That means no more (planned ;) ) pocket money. I'll have to tot up CB account as I have been keeping that for a uni fund in addition to her savings, its in a telephone account and a PIA to get at. No more school transport, school dinners, no more uniforms. However come September / October I will be wishing for those cheaper bills to be back again when her marathon debt begins.

BT engineer came today.. she replaced a bit of faulty cable and moved to router to TV. Took out phone line as unnecessary. There are a couple of aerial type wires unused... they can stay put as I've no Idea what they were doing. Skyman must have took them out of the box last week. Been advised to ask Vod@fone for powerline adapters to boost signal. She thinks its their router box that has been the culprit on the whole.

DD1 is quite stressed currently, and thinks the terrible 2's are getting at her a bit, and she doesn't make things easy for herself. She doing hair back to back daily, but then organising a Christening and a party for Sunday. Her own hair turned green this week and she spent last night sobbing. They have changed the products in the salon where she works but they have sorted it today I believe. I'm picking up the little monkey from nursery later. I'm the NO person so less popular than my OH. She is 2 and a half and the other day when I told her NO, she took herself down the path to the road and said she was going home to mummy's house as I'm naughty!!

OP £400 today, £320 from me and £80 in anticipation of lodgers rent. only paid £109 to CC as expecting £500 bnb money next week which will boost the car loan deductions. Bit disappointed as I allowed my friend to use my CC for her daughters xmas pressie, final payment of £50 due 2 weeks ago and she hasn't given it to me. She asked how much she owed after her last payment in April, and last week she said must get you some pennies. She has a new job and says she's earning weekly what she was monthly... I don't want to have to ask but I may have to. :( Wanted to put this off CC.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    End of an era indeed. Well done on keeping up the OPs..am sure its tricky.

Have a good weekend x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Thank you Brizzle, you too..

OP's are paid quickly so I don't see the money... Pay the biggies, pay my saving pots, then leave myself skint for the month...:D

Mind you having moved to a T$B account my small saving pot is too easy to access... I'm going to have to be careful about limiting extra spending.

GD christening tomorrow, although I don't really agree with it, its happening and I need to help DD1 a bit, so cooking planned towards buffet for tomorrow (I will get up early to do) and today I will need to buy some more for this. She brought around 1 bag of frozen items yesterday. So will get to the shops later and add to it. It is a joint Christening with her friend, so other people are contributing.. but again twice as many people to cater for .
  • Hope you have a lovely time at the christening.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Thank you ETE, we did have a lovely time, followed by babysitting GD so DD1 could go out.

Lots of money spent, but DD1 returned £60 off her £120 owed, so some bonus cash. OH been working extras too :D.... he said I could have half to go towards the mortgage :D:D, although in reality he did cringe when I reminded him....

When new bank letters were sent they said they were taking original mortgage payment, however they have included the OP so need to just double check figures, hopefully tomorrow and work out monthly financials. Would like to make it to end of month without pinching back from savings but I doubt it. We've spent so much through May that we have everything we need.

Good news on the work front, We will be trialling long days working with our team in August. Although they are 13.5 hours long (paid 12.5) we only work 3 of them, therefore 4 days off per week :D
    So added to my 2 week hols in August I will be working a total of 7 shifts :D They have a rule were you can only work 2 together so no 10 day stretches :D
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Like the new work pattern..sounds like it'll be just the ticket.

Well done on the OPs and not pinching back from savings..I have failed on that front completely so salute you!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Moneyfordreams
    Think my savings are a shadow compared to some :D

But yes work pattern will be much better, and all of the associated costs / travel time :D
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Loving that new work pattern!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts