5:2 Diet (part II)

Comments

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fd1972uk wrote: »
    Going to try this out too.

Will need to look at what is on offer for food to try and enable to stick to this level of calories.

I did an online check and it gave me a guide of 1680 calories for daily rate.

I ended up buying these ketone capsules, probably a waste of money but got them now.

Also hoping to get a bit more physical work, although dealing with a knee injury I sustained last year, which I have a meeting with physio again. Need to do a bit more exercise.

Started only last week, my scales aren't the greatest and a bit hard to see, lol, but I've lost between 0.5-1lb so far, even though I was a tad bad on Sunday.

Into the bargain Friday and Saturday I don't work to the 1680 (that's only for 3 out of the 5 days, with the other 2 being the '600'ish). But don't intend to go daft.

FD

Hello!

Sure you'll get the hang of this and I know I will keep on as the benefits aren't just weight loss :)

I have 2 FDs, 3 work days of counting and being sensible and do not count at the weekend at all. Equally, after 4 1/2 weeks and a real 2kg down, I don't find myself making stupid decisions quite as often :)

Hope you like it :beer:

Mx
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    edited 25 March 2015 at 8:23PM
    Going to try this out too.

Will need to look at what is on offer for food to try and enable to stick to this level of calories.

I did an online check and it gave me a guide of 1680 calories for daily rate.

FD

Hiya
    I'll give you an old example of a regular eating day at work to maybe give some ideas :)

Bullet proof coffee 3 and 4g - 63 c
    For breakfast
    2 boiled large eggs - 156 c
    baby plum toms 100g - 18 c
    1 cup Marigold bouillon - 12 c
    I drop my toms in the bouillon for a few mins and they come out all lightly cooked, great with the eggs :)

Lunch
    Large apple cut into slices - 100 c
    Crumbly cheese 100g - 375 c
    Black or red grapes 100g - 75 c

Comes in at 799 cals.
    Still would give you 881 cals to be within your daily rate :)

My drinks in the day, after my coffees in the morn, are green tea with cinnamon with maybe another coffee at some point. That and about 1.5 to 2L water. Water helps everyday :)

MX
  • fd1972uk
    fd1972uk Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Mercy.

Yeah fruit is something I'll need to bring into my regime. Never been too great on it, but especially for the FD's.

Likewise your weekly routine is something similar although I'm trying to calorie count on the Sunday too. Friday and Saturday are non count days, although I'll try and not be going silly billy.

I will give myself a midweek treat, as I will do at the weekend, but very limited.

FD
  • Mercy
    Thanks Mercy.

Yeah fruit is something I'll need to bring into my regime. Never been too great on it, but especially for the FD's.

Likewise your weekly routine is something similar although I'm trying to calorie count on the Sunday too. Friday and Saturday are non count days, although I'll try and not be going silly billy.

I will give myself a midweek treat, as I will do at the weekend, but very limited.

FD

I just love black grapes!
    I find that if I have some sweetness in the day I don't feel the urge later :)
  • Mercy
    Hi all

Ive been doing 2 fast days, Monday and Thursday.
    Thursday has always been a bit more difficult but doable.

Today I felt for the first time a bit faint and down. Ate some stuff so it was not a fast day afterall :rotfl:

Looking at Weds eating I had much less than normal. So maybe I didn't have enough yesterday to feel good today? I don't know.
    Yesterday I had 1200 cals where I'd normally have 1500 - 1600.

Not sweating it but I will try Monday and Wednesday next week.

Tomorrow I won't eat till 10am and have sausies and hot toms - heated in bouillon - then a bit less than usual fruit and cheese for a late lunch.
    Got a nice curry, rice and yogurt planned for eve.

My only plan for the weekend is to try out my new baby frying pan - an egg to go with my sausies and beans :)

MX
  • Mercy
    Thanks Mercy.

FD

You could do more veg if that's better?
    Sugarsnap peas are a boon :) 34 cals for 100g - a lot of sugarsnaps :) half sspeas and cherry toms is 26 cals per 100g / 4 ounces :)

Celery is much less :) I like it but only if cut up in small slices so no strings :)

Make a grid and log all the veg n fruit you like.
    Column 1 - item
    Column 2 - calories per 100g

Select from there :)

I tried to get more fruit n veg in and was doing well
    Now I see how many veg n fruit I like and work out what I can fit in. Loads if that's all but need fat and protein to live.:)

Veg has generally less cals per 100g than most anything else. Pick your faves and work it out for you :)

MX
  • Mercy
    Hi all!

Just had to share
    Down from 83kg to 80.1 today!
    That's nearly 3 kg ~ 6.4 pounds down in 5 weeks :j

My short term goal was to see the 70's and I truly think this might happen next week.

My goal is 70kg eventually - no rush - but to get there would be amazing :)

I see a sunny weekend approaching, hope you all have a wonderful time too!

MX
  • Bluebell68
    Bluebell68 Posts: 162 Forumite
    lost 2 pound happy coming off
    tomorrow and sun are my 2 fast days
    today is my birthday getting so old :rotfl:
    crept on me this old age rubbish:(
    have good weekend everyone
    Secrets And Lies Destroy Lives
  • Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone :).
    Nice to see so many people doing well with 5:2, I'm still at it myself. I think I expect to do it forever (although I'm still toying with the idea of switching to 6:1 eventually).

My weight loss has slowed to a crawl (about 0.5lb every 2 weeks!), but I've lost 100lb in total and although I'd like to lose a little more I'm fitter than I think I've ever been and if I stayed this weight for ever more I could live with it :D.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • fd1972uk
    fd1972uk Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    100lb, that's great.

I will need to get ready for next week, on holiday for a week (just staying at home), so don't want to lose the edge, as long as I can keep it in check.

It's easier when at work, as I can monitor it better and have a routine, but next week will need to be careful.

Into the bargain was my daughters birthday yesterday, so had slightly more than I would account for so that might have a little impact on this week.

Mercy - Veg, ain't a strong point of mine, lol. Very limited, the list wouldn't be too big, lol. Although I might start up with some salads soon for dinner with selective choices.

FD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport