Everyone Looking Into Trolley Excitement

Comments

• FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    frequent wrote: »
    Would put you on the same wave length as most of the parents :rotfl:

@ ds's school just before easter break, a 10 y/o old boy, was excluded for waving a kitchen knife around in the play ground, threatening other pupils.

ironically it was the same little basket that i shouted out the day before, after he threw his football in the road then chased after it with out looking, i should have slapped him across the head on the spot ! ( guess who got told off during parents evening for that !!!)

( I answered simply, " better a rollocking from me, than a call from the emergency services saying he'd been killed by a car". )

the school don't want to talk about it, and never said a word to any of the parents about what happened, we only found out from the kids, and the teachers are tight lipped :mad:

Problem is most parents don't want to hear anything 'negative' about their little darlings. I am too honest for my own good, I would rather nip unwanted behaviour in the bud so that it doesn't become a bigger problem. But it is almost always the 'school's / teacher's fault' and completely out of character for their little angel.

And to be honest I can't take much of a beating this parents evening so may just nod and say wow lovely kid.

I have no problem teaching kids, even nawty tykes - its the parents that get in the way.:D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    David. wrote: »
    Agreed and champion
    Fire pit or chiminea thing :D

Definitely a fire pit!! (or a large cast iron chiminea, heavier the better, but not a clay one.)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • ruxpin
    ruxpin Posts: 251
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi guys,

not caught up yet but have you seen the free doritos dips thread on grabbit??

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4549723
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    What they said, logie pass the tramodol...

:beer: pmsl
  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    frequent wrote: »
    No money back no guarantee :rotfl::rotfl:

I've had a Freelander for 11 years now.

Maintenance isn't to bad unless it's major, which luckily i've never had to deal with.

I loved my freelander but had all the serious things go wrong, rear differentials and viscose coupling. When differentials went second time I had to get shot. Was petrol but didn't do many miles.
    Mine was an 03 plate and design had serious failings. Used to live on a game reserve out in the siticks so was the perfect vehicle.
    Been gone nearly 4 years and must say I do miss it as was a real fun factor to drive and loved the boot window open in summer.

I have a prius now which I have had from new. Not done enough miles to really benefit from the hybrid in terms of fuel costs v cost of car but I do love being able to visit kids 150 miles away and come home with just under half a tank of fuel left where as freelander would have to be filled about 50 miles from home.

I have to order a new car within the next 2 months as can't extend lease any longer. My trouble is I find the prius comfy to drive and plenty of room but really want somehing more fun.
    I love the honda hybrid sports car but only comes in manual and I need automatic.
    I am at a loss as to what car to have next.
    Bought prius as freelander was limping and needed car quickly and prius was only auto I could get without 4 month wait.

Any suggestions would be looked into with interest. Don't like the auris as battery in boot means the boot is not flat so unable to carry wheelchair on the rare occasions it is needed.
    Budget is motability plus about 5k. Strangley enough no hybrid or electric cars on motablity list anymore.

The want side of me craves a twin top as never had one but the practical side loves the hybrid as can always afford fuel to drive to see kids.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for long post but noticed frequent and DM talking cars.
    V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Naebbirac
    Naebbirac Posts: 2,029
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    David. wrote: »
    :hello: Stubby
    Nothing just psycho women wanting to slap me :eek:
    Think yourself lucky dotty, frequent gets bashed with a saucepan.:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 9 516 target £250

2 years 'fag free' :j:D
  • FloFlo wrote: »
    Well hubby knocked my cough into a cocked hat last night, he found a lump in his chest!

Now I'm adding 2 & 2 and making 5, as last year he was constantly having blood tests as his white count was up. The doctors just said they couldn't find anything else and they weren't concerned but now ...

Will keep fingers crossed that it's nothing x
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No. 138

2012 £ 3147.74 2013 £1437.532014 £ 2356.52
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    On news Newcastle fans in running battles with police on horseback after their defeat.
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Naebbirac wrote: »
    Think yourself lucky dotty, frequent gets bashed with a saucepan.:rotfl::rotfl:
    :rotfl: I don't think they would stop though a bit of blood lust going on :eek:
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Definitely a fire pit!! (or a large cast iron chiminea, heavier the better, but not a clay one.)

Clay one for me. My big clay one died last year, due to over use I think:o Ive got my eye on a big bowl shaped clay one for this year. I need a new basket for my firepit as well, but no-one has dumped one in my garden lately:rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure