Everyone Looking Into Trolley Excitement

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As predicted, my whoopsie run came to nought (so that's what I was talking about:rotfl:) - needed some w/ml bread - went to one of the majors - the only whoops bread they had was w/ml (good start) but, hanging around, before closing time, at 34p. No way - I'd rather pay full price:eek: at the shop next door, than pay for your whoops bread where you are only going down to 34 pence. So they'll either have to reduce it more or not sell it and throw it away - I doubt they care though! Their loss.

Went to Lidl (next door) and saw wholemeal bread at 50p (normal type of price, but available elsewhere at 47p - clearly not worth travelling though for that) - at least it'll last and there's no room in our freezer - but this person always makes a 'saving' - took the bread to the till and SA scanned it & it came up at 47p after all! I'll just have to pretend that my 37p womble gave me the rest.

Whilst in L, I've picked up their offers leaflet and just been going through. Lots of offers (that's why it's called an 'offers leaflet'!:rotfl:) but almost all of them cheaper via Sada vs one rival or another (note: not in Sada's own right). L have Mullers at 'better than half price' (30p, not 2p glitch then?). Uncle B's Express Rices at 99p:eek: each (made me laugh:rotfl::rotfl:). All just 'usual' offer prices roughly the same as anywhere else ever goes down to.

And - wow! - cucumbers - "Save 36%"!!!! 50p each - now cheaper! Crossed out price 79p, but I think they were on flash offer for two days at 39p each (the weekend before they were 79p for a week). 39p to 50p - doesn't sound like a saving to me! Avs M's 49p for about 44p (still too much!) (sorry, not N.Ireland).

The only couple of items (I could be wrong) that seem good value in the L leaflet are some Hazelmeade Farm 8 Fresh Sausages - Cumberland, Lincolnshire or Pork, 1lb in old money, 454g which will go on "Half price offer!" 74p (better than Avs M's £1 on their 454g own brand) next weekend. Okay, you can get Value/Savers Sausages elsewhere at 50 odd pence for the same pack size, but they don't look very good sausages to me!

The other item is some Scottish Oatcakes in Lidl at 59p (300g), but I'm sure no-one really needs those!
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    Oh, and the really really bad guys (and gals :cool:) who are delighted when they get a DTD goldie :eek:

Can we get back to what we are good at and leave the judgmental stuff on one side. I only got drawn in because some peeps saw the issue as greed and I instinctively saw it as frustration at the arrogance of a big corporation moving the goal posts and !!!!ing on the hand that feeds them :) Subjectivity is a killer.
    fairclaire wrote: »
    I have to say Im not one for taking stuff back myself, other than Ill fitting clothes :D I don't tend to buy stuff I can't afford to absorb financially if it goes belly up. But not everyone is in a position to do that, that's why I mentioned returning things.

Oh I do like a good debate :o
    Agreed and champion
    Fire pit or chiminea thing :D
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • PetuliaGristle
    PetuliaGristle Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Was going to write some epic about greed and rights and wrongs of capitalism (as argued here today) but as usual logie brings sense into the day by remembering what is of true value. Keep on fighting logie x
    Oh, and the really really bad guys (and gals :cool:) who are delighted when they get a DTD goldie :eek:

Can we get back to what we are good at and leave the judgmental stuff on one side. I only got drawn in because some peeps saw the issue as greed and I instinctively saw it as frustration at the arrogance of a big corporation moving the goal posts and !!!!ing on the hand that feeds them :) Subjectivity is a killer.

What they said, logie pass the tramodol...
    "We have to be kind because everyone is fighting a great, great battle" - Sir Richard Attenborough
    "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" - Madeleine Albright
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Was going to write some epic about greed and rights and wrongs of capitalism (as argued here today) but as usual logie brings sense into the day by remembering what is of true value. Keep on fighting logie x

How right you are SunnyDelight:T
    Logie glad to hear pain control has been sorted for you no one needs to suffer pain these day and especially you:A
    Pleased to say both lawns have been cut before the typical April showers started :)
    Flo Flo thinking of you and the family and sending you a Nannylala hug x
  • madmuppet5
    madmuppet5 Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    logie wrote: »
    Hope you are doing ok flo and keeping yourself occupied. Hope it all turns out to be nothing ((hugs))

I gave up on my glasses in general when DS1 was a baby as he just kept pulling at them. I wear them for work but haven't been there for a while :p
    Drink please :p You too SD :D
    AKA; Mad, MM, MM5, Madicles :cool: ©
    Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark :p©
    Elite 11+ fundraising total for Make-a-Wish £682 :j:A
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    aau1 wrote: »
    By quoting a code you are most definitely breaching the codes rule :(

You could post in the codes forum and then post a link to that post here ;)
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • fairclaire wrote: »
    I have to say Im not one for taking stuff back myself, other than Ill fitting clothes :D

Thank you sensei - I learnt at your knee:D
  • aau1 wrote: »
    By quoting a code you are most definitely breaching the codes rule :(

I'll delete it if that's true, I thought it was only when codes were commercial not for freebies.

Could a couple people confirm I should delete it please?
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    I'll delete it if that's true, I thought it was only when codes were commercial not for freebies.

Could a couple people confirm I should delete it please?
    As far as I know codes are not allowed full stop.
    But I could be wrong
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • Savvybuyer wrote: »
    The other item is some Scottish Oatcakes in Lidl at 59p (300g), but I'm sure no-one really needs those!

Nae respect there Savvy hen, ye'd mek a man kin open a bottle or twae o' Buckies wi' that attitude lassie :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure