The New Adventures of Fortune

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Glad to read you on the up Fortune :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Today I finally feel as though the bug and the irritating little cough it left me with are on the way out and I can start making progress.

I took my exam yesterday :eek: There were quite a lot of questions I wasn't sure about but I checked the answers when I got home and I may have done better than I first thought. I've definately done enough to get a pass.

With the exam out of the way I can concentrate on the house sale. The photographer has been re-booked for Tuesday afternoon so I've been preparing the house for that and Mr F and I have set aside all day tomorrow to do more.

Mr F was very stressed about work yesterday and I've realised how important it is to keep our external lives going during this move. Having said that, I cancelled a trip to London to meet friends today as I just couldn't face the journey whilst coughing non stop. As it happens, I'm not struggling quite so much now so Mr F and I have decided on a date night tonight. It's also the less expensive option :T

It's going to be a lazy day today as Mr F badly needs some down time. I've been eating straight from the fridge whilst Mr F has been away and I've been poorly, so I'm going to concentrate on getting some healthy eating reinstated.

Have a great weekend everyone

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Good to hear you're feeling better FS, having a date night sounds like a fine idea after illness and stress!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Glad you are feeling better - that horrible virus with the everlasting cough has been doing the rounds. When I had it I discovered the miracle drug Night Nurse- brilliant stuff that stops you coughing and helps you to sleep. Sounds like you are on the mend, so enjoy your evening
  • Enjoy date night. We had a lazy day last Sunday. Sometimes it just has to be done.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good to hear you're feeling better FS, having a date night sounds like a fine idea after illness and stress!

The cough got the better of me VH and we didn't go out after all. Mr F was content with watching all three rugby matches though ;)
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    Glad you are feeling better - that horrible virus with the everlasting cough has been doing the rounds. When I had it I discovered the miracle drug Night Nurse- brilliant stuff that stops you coughing and helps you to sleep. Sounds like you are on the mend, so enjoy your evening

Thanks Busy Mee. I've been fine at night thank goodness it's just a constant throat clearing during the day. I hate even saying this word as it's sooooo gross but I think it's post nasal drip :eek:
    Enjoy date night. We had a lazy day last Sunday. Sometimes it just has to be done.

We did indeed have a lazy day yesterday Ele and very nice it was too.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Forumite
    We did have a lazy day yesterday but didn't have our date night as the cough got the better of me in the end. I did follow the meal plan so am feeling a little healthier for that:

Leftover Leek, Bacon & Potato Soup for lunch. One of my favourite soup recipes. Made some Potato Soda Bread with cheese, garlic and thyme to go with it but mis-read the recipe and added 1 tsp of cayenne pepper instead of 1/2 tsp :o It was a bit too spicy but I think it might make an interesting version of Huevous Rancheros so will try that for lunch today.

Green Garden Veg Pie for supper to use up all the broccoli that seems to have been reproducing in the fridge :rotfl: There's plenty left over for a meal today too.

Mr F has gone to the gym and when he gets back we need to put the house in order for photographing. I'm hoping to have a more productive day today.

Happy Sunday everyone :hello:

Fortune x
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    I know I have said this before but I love your recipes - I will be making Leek,Bacon and Potato soup today. This will be great for lunches this week.
    The veg pie looks nice too so will keep that one too - ideal for using up veg.
    Happy Sunday to you too : )
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Forumite
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    I know I have said this before but I love your recipes - I will be making Leek,Bacon and Potato soup today. This will be great for lunches this week.
    The veg pie looks nice too so will keep that one too - ideal for using up veg.
    Happy Sunday to you too : )

I can't really take the credit for them Busy Mee - they are usually courtesy of BBCG00dF00d and T£$c0 Recipes :rotfl:

We don't eat much meat in the Fortunate household as I can't tolerate much. I think the Garden Pie recipe would be great with chops though if you're not veggie.

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Forumite
    Mr F and I accomplished a lot in the house and garden yesterday :) although there is still much to do so a busy day ahead of me.

I made a bruschetta for breakfast this morning to use up the very spicy soda bread. It was based on Heuvos Rancheros. Roasted some cherry tomatoes with garlic, olive oil and seasoning and spread this on the toasted bread. Topped with fried eggs and grated parmesan. It worked quite well.

Meals today will be based on whatever is on its last legs in the fridge :rotfl: There are a few things sulking in there.

Have a great Monday all

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure