IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket in Botanical Gardens

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Johno100 wrote: »
    And if the agreement is silent on the matter of parking, because membership provides no special parking privileges over and above those offered to none members, then a member by dint of his/her special status doesn't have to comply with any changes in the car parking arrangements?

Sadly for the OP, he is going to have to pay up, this was highlighted some time back on BBC WM, the car park does not belong to the gardens and is managed by one of those company's that the OP has come across, he has violated the T&C's so may lose any appeal.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,014 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DUTR wrote: »
    Sadly for the OP, he is going to have to pay up, this was highlighted some time back on BBC WM, the car park does not belong to the gardens and is managed by one of those company's that the OP has come across, he has violated the T&C's so may lose any appeal.

What rubbish!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

I'd be interested in who owns the car park and what BBC WM have said as if there are different owners it will make a difference. Do you have an identifiable source?

As an aside if the OP has had a promise of free parking from the BG and they failed to provide it (irrespective of the ownership) he/she may have a claim against the BG. Legal term is "tough !!!! BG"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 6:53PM

What an ill-informed post. You've watched a TV article and think people have to pay private parking 'charges'! Think again.

Please don't post stuff when you do not know the answer on private parking matters. The words 'pay up' are always WRONG on this forum.
    Johno100 wrote: »
    And if the agreement is silent on the matter of parking, because membership provides no special parking privileges over and above those offered to none members, then a member by dint of his/her special status doesn't have to comply with any changes in the car parking arrangements?
    A valid question, and the other side of that coin is explained by IamEmanresu:
    if the OP has had a promise of free parking from the BG and they failed to provide it (irrespective of the ownership) he/she may have a claim against the BG. Legal term is "tough !!!! BG"

Too many 'ifs' and 'buts'. We need to know more from the OP.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DUTR
    edited 9 October 2016 at 6:58PM
    fisherjim wrote: »
    What rubbish!!
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    What an ill-informed post. You've watched a TV article and think people have to pay private parking 'charges'! Think again.

Please don't post stuff when you do not know the answer on private parking matters. The words 'pay up' are always WRONG on this forum.

Well I remember the article well, and the spokes person from BG explained the changes, they don't manage the car park.

Tripadvisor
  • S_G
    S_G Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks for the replies. Either a member or not, I was a visitor of Botanical Gardens so the parking was authorised and free for all visitors. The entrance fee for visitors is 7.5 pounds so imagine you go to some place for a visit and pay over £65-100!!! I was paying £42 for annual membership for the whole family! It is outrageous and absolutely unfair! This entering the car reg number is a very rubbish rule. Many people forget to do it. They should accept the appeals once they see a membership card or proof of visitors ticket.

Parking eye did accept it once for me as I was a customer of ALDI. Here it is:

Reference: Parking Charge Notice - 111423/285638
    Dear Sir / Madam,
    We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 06 December 2014 at 09:29:11, at ALDI Blaby car park.
    On this occasion as a gesture of goodwill we will be cancelling this charge.
    However, if future visits to this car park are made please take note of the parking regulations on the signage throughout the car park and adhere to these, as it is applicable to all motorists using the car park.
    Kind Regards,
    ParkingEye Team
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well I remember the article well, and the spokes person from BG explained the changes, they don't manage the car park.

Tripadvisor

That link is over three years old.

The Beavis case at the Supreme Court and the introduction of the Alternative Dispute Regulations happened last year. The IPC have come into being, and PoPLA has been taken over.

There have been so many changes that your post is out of date and very ill informed.

Please do not post incorrect information as someone might actually believe you and end up paying when they did not need to. This is a money saving website after all.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

And we now do
    S_G wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Either a member or not, I was a visitor of Botanical Gardens so the parking was authorised and free for all visitors.The entrance fee for visitors is 7.5 pounds so imagine you go to some place for a visit and pay over £65-100!!! I was paying £42 for annual membership for the whole family! It is outrageous and absolutely unfair! This entering the car reg number is a very rubbish rule. Many people forget to do it. They should accept the appeals once they see a membership card or proof of visitors ticket.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 8:50PM

Tripadvisor
    But that's not a reason to tell a person to 'pay up'.

This is a private parking charge like we deal with here every day - generally held to be utter rip-off rubbish that the Government needs to reign in - they are not fines and even after the Beavis case are not there to be paid by recipients, rolling over like some sort of scam victim.

So like we said already, it seems a visitor to that place has free parking offered and has already paid for the privilege of membership, so cannot be expected to re-read the sign on every visit to check nothing new has been added randomly to a contract that has already concluded and (it seems, although we've not seen the membership agreement) offered free entry/parking for members.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DUTR
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    That link is over three years old.

The Beavis case at the Supreme Court and the introduction of the Alternative Dispute Regulations happened last year. The IPC have come into being, and PoPLA has been taken over.

There have been so many changes that your post is out of date and very ill informed.

Please do not post incorrect information as someone might actually believe you and end up paying when they did not need to. This is a money saving website after all.

I never said it was the other day, I said I remember the article about the parking charges there, there were lots of complaints about it it made the majority of the consumer show.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure