Anyone else been invited to Nectar Adpoints?

Comments

• I have to say i had trouble at the start couldn't log back into account but the support staff were great and sorted everything out. I have 934 nectar points so far and still have this weeks ads to do
    £100 shoe voucher, £100 Lyle & Scott voucher, £100 Primark Gift card, 2 tickets to see Marc Almond. Tickets to see Haunting Julia. Pair of cheeky shoes. :)
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,542
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    compmad1 wrote: »
    Adpoints have just sent me this nonsense reply below. How much time do they think people can spend each day on this?
    'I am sorry you are disappointed. Here is some more information to help you understand better how Adpoints works.
    Firstly though, there are currently more points to be earned by answering advertisers questions and clicking through to advertisers websites.
    New Ads are coming onto Adpoints all the time. Some Ads will only offer a limited number of Views, and so will only be shown for a limited period. But also, these may return to your carousel again some days later, giving you the opportunity to View for additional points. Other Ads may offer points when you View them two, three of four times. Yes there may well be a point where there are no videos to watch or further questions to answer, but hopefully not for long.
    The thing to do is to come and visit the site regularly and often and check your Carousel, as things are always changing! You will always be able to see how many points are available for you to collect from an Ad (a total of Views, questions and click thrus), from the +number in the top left of each thumbnail image. If your carousel is showing all thumbnails with +0, or there are no thumbnails visible at all, do please try back later, as more points-collecting opportunities are being posted all the time!
    Please remember that although 250 points is the maximum you can collect in any week, points are subject to availability - so the total you can actually collect in a week may be less than this.
    Best regards,
    Adpoints Customer Support[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]
    It seems clear enough to me - and you have to remember that you can earn UP TO 250 points per week, they don't guarantee you can earn that much. If all you have are zero point videos then, as they suggest, try again later.

I was also happy to see confirmation that we can watch ads more than once so long as there are points showing, I've watched many ads twice now.

The reason you may not have as many ads available as others is also explained - they said that some ads only allow a certain number of views so if those ads have reached their maximum then you will only see them as 0 points.

Hope that helps :)
    2020 Wins:
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've used up all of my invites now. Still no new points on the website today, will check again tomorrow during my lunch break.
  • ShimSham
    ShimSham Posts: 841 Forumite
    I've had the same problem. I'm stuck at 166 points this week.
    Wins 2007 :Boots £125, XBOX 360 & 3 games 2008:5 David Gray CDs £10 DVD voucher 2 Crossed Bones DVD & chocolate Torch. Smackdown 2008 game Deck the Halls Scrubs S6 High School Musical 2 ESR PC game Sherrybaby Beauty Hamper The Break Up Shutter
  • Three new ads just dropped into my carousel in the last few hours so might be worth others checking.
  • Nectar_company_representative
    Nectar_company_representative Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    We are sorry for those Nectar Adpoints members who appear to be unable to get anywhere near the maximum of 250 points. Although the collection of points is Subject to Availability, we would like to look at any instances of this happening just in case there is a problem with individual Member’s accounts. Please can you therefore email our Customer Helpdesk [EMAIL="contact@adpoints.com"]contact@adpoints.com[/EMAIL] - and we will look into your case as soon as we hear from you.

Regards

Ian
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Nectar. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • skyline
    skyline Posts: 149
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have 156 points but the counter above says I have double that. Which means I can't collect any more points because I'm over the 250 pt limit. I've tried five times to explain it to them but I just get the same copy/paste response. Gonna have to try again next week when the counter has been reset.

NectarAd.jpg
  • compmad1
    compmad1 Posts: 995
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 October 2012 at 6:33PM
    We are sorry for those Nectar Adpoints members who appear to be unable to get anywhere near the maximum of 250 points. Although the collection of points is Subject to Availability, we would like to look at any instances of this happening just in case there is a problem with individual Member’s accounts. Please can you therefore email our Customer Helpdesk [EMAIL="contact@adpoints.com"]

I have emailed the address you give several times, giving all my personal details, and have not got anywhere. In my last answer yesterday I was given a list of questions. This was my answer:
    'If you read comments on the Nectar Facebook site, and on the Martin Lewis forum you will see that there are other people experiencing the same problem.
    Please see my answers to your questions below:

• For an Ad View, did you definitely click the prompts at the correct times?
    There may have been between one and three of these and you MUST click all these during the Ads to collect the points. Prompts do not work on all smartphones/tablets.
    I use a PC not a smartphone or tablet.
    I click all of the prompts and get to the end of the advert.

• Did you rate the Ad at the end?
    You must rate the Ad before the countdown clock reaches zero
    Yes I rate the advert within the given time-slot.
    • For the brand questions, did you definitely scroll down and click the SUBMIT button before selecting a new Ad to view?
    You must click submit for EACH question to collect the points
    Yes, I click submit for the brand questions.
    • Are you certain that there were points on offer for the activity? - ie were points definitely indicated next to the relevant activity before you clicked?
    If the symbol next to the activity said +0, there were no points available for that activity.
    Yes, I don't bother if it says no points. Today every advert on my carousel had no points.
    As I have previously explained, I have logged out and back in again, and I have cleared the cache. I have tried this on IE 9, Firefox and Google Chrome.
    • Have you checked that you haven’t already reached your 250 points limit for the week?
    My points stand at 151, despite having made many attempts until the adverts had no value.'

I have not had a reply today.[/email]
  • paadzer
    paadzer Posts: 1,845
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Three new ads just dropped into my carousel in the last few hours so might be worth others checking.

Mine also, up to 204 points this week :j
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm only on 122 this week and I've watch all the ads :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income