Held Hostage By NPOWER

Comments

• meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2012 at 10:43PM
    npower are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to customer service so as I said previously first of all you need to establish if you do really owe this money.

There is an npower rep on this site so maybe Adam will help you tomorrow, or email [EMAIL="forumresponse@npower.com"]forumresponse@npower.com[/EMAIL] they are also contactable on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/npowerhq ;)
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Just randomly popped into here,and glad.
    I'm with npower,live in a tiny 1 bed flat,storage heaters on that 'economy' thing,have just had last bill £500 ! And they rekon DD wud be £100??
    A past n/bour is having a screaming match with them about their bill,I have never understood how it's so expensive here. Someone said meters could be wrond,and thinking about it when they put new meters in is when it all went ballistic price wise.
    What should I do??
    Thanks
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Think ex n/bours have contacted watchdog about them as they won't do anything.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    calicocat wrote: »
    I'm with npower,live in a tiny 1 bed flat,storage heaters on that 'economy' thing,have just had last bill £500 ! And they rekon DD wud be £100??
    A past n/bour is having a screaming match with them about their bill,I have never understood how it's so expensive here. Someone said meters could be wrond,and thinking about it when they put new meters in is when it all went ballistic price wise.
    What should I do??
    Thanks

If you want proper advice then you need to post your kWh usage (for each rate )and the billing period involved, and tariff.
    Telling us that you got a bill for £500 and expected £100 (per month) does not really help.
    Are you using E7 for both hot water and heating?
    People always blame the meter when a bill is higher than expected, but they rarely go wrong.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Becarefull about giving false information, if you are found to be giving it you will land a cifas.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Always had excellent service from npower both supply and FITs. Indeed just signed up to the Go Save 11 tarif, sign online 21 before.

I feel the title to the thread and some of the comments are unfair considering the issues lie with the posters here...
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    jeepjunkie wrote: »
    Always had excellent service from npower both supply and FITs. Indeed just signed up to the Go Save 11 tarif, sign online 21 before.

I feel the title to the thread and some of the comments are unfair considering the issues lie with the posters here...

Me too - on the few occasions I've needed to contact npower, they've been polite & helpful. Also are the cheapest for me in my area.

May sound harsh, but if you miss payments and build up a debt over many years, it's gonna come back and bite you, whoever is your supplier!
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    calicocat wrote: »
    What should I do??
    Thanks

If it all increased after a meter change and you are sure you are using your normal amount, its either a faulty meter, they have messed your readings up or even that they havent actioned it and used a new reading off the new meter which would cause a huge spike.

The last 2 are common, so please check your bikks and any readings on that new meter and post back.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Terrylw1 wrote: »
    If it all increased after a meter change and you are sure you are using your normal amount, its either a faulty meter, they have messed your readings up or even that they havent actioned it and used a new reading off the new meter which would cause a huge spike.

The last 2 are common, so please check your bikks and any readings on that new meter and post back.

or it could of been the storage heaters been the big ones, and not set correctly or wired in wrong
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    chanz4 wrote: »
    or it could of been the storage heaters been the big ones, and not set correctly or wired in wrong

Given issues after a supertariff fit when the poster thought it was E7, very possibly...could even be the heat is on the day.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure