No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2015

Comments

• Susan1962
    Susan1962 Posts: 297 Forumite
    INS - a bottle of Aldi's baby shampoo (which is ridiculous as I have another two, sigh)
    OUTS - bottle of eye drops that I don't like. Asked the GP if they could give me something suitable and he did (big saving as we don't pay for prescriptions up here).
    UU - Sanctuary Spa shower gel which was a gift - wasn't keen on the scent but used it up as refill for the foaming handwash dispenser. Now I'll try refilling with washing up liquid as per an American thrift site I saw. Worth a try anyway?
    Looking ahead
  • Evening ladies! I hope you are all well!

It's been very interesting reading about all of your pan the palatte endeavours! As I've mentioned before, I'm unable to wear eye make up for medical reasons but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise as I really don;t need anything more in my stash :P

I have three UUs to report tonight:

Superdrug Lemon and Tea Tree Shower Gel 250ml: I LOVE anything lemony so this was brill and lasted ages! WDBA.

TBS Vitamin E Night Cream 15ml: I never used to moisturise as I have oily and blemish prone skin and thought adding anything like this would make my skin even worse. Since using this cream, my skin is noticeably softer and 15ml has lasted me absolutely ages! WBA.

TBS Shea Body Butter 200ml: Love everything in the Shea range - WBA.

I hope you all have a relaxing weekend - I'll be working as usual, but it involves playing with puppies so it's not all bad :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.

I thought I had a uu but I have either imagined it or forgotten it.

I repainted my nails last night in Essie Raspberry. This is one of my favourites, the Essie polishes have a lovely liquid formula and an old type thin brush which makes application a dream.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DreamyP
    DreamyP Posts: 95
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2015 at 5:26PM
    I've got 4 UU's to report.

12. Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen, 4 - Royal Blue- I used it as a base for my eyeshadow because it doesn't live up to its claims that its a 'waterproof' and 'long wear' eyeliner. As an eyeliner it definitely doesn't last long and I had to reapply the green one today (top liner) after 2 hours as it faded. The colours are amazing though. I'm finding that with retractable eyeliners if you take a little bit of the tip off they're more easier to apply (because they don't have a hard tip anymore).

13. MUA lipstick Shade 15 in Juicy- I love this shade blush moreso than lipstick, I just wish it wasn't so creamy. Tried to make it less creamy on my lips by applying lip liner first and it helped a little. Really love the packaging on these lipsticks especially the extra product that comes in the transparent container at the top. I tend to sway towards these lipsticks when I want to try a new colour as they have so many options. WBA later on in the future when I want to try a new colour.

14. Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Dazzle. Prefer these over the MUA ones as they don't have a smell to them. If anyone has these lipsticks you can knock the top ( instead of twisting it like the MUA ones) off to get extra product in the lid but the top is a bit too tight so you have to push it with something from the inside. WBA.

I thought I'd make a good dent in my lipsticks this year ...started with 15 in February, used up two with the lowest product in them and still have 15 as my sister gave me two. I have one GA btw, I gave my sister a Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Lacquer in Atominc Rose because I can't stand the smell at all. Had to throw away 2 last year for the same reason so wnba.

15.Benefit they're real push up liner- It takes time getting used to but its really matte. I like it (I'd give it 4 stars out of 5) so wba if I really want it (far in the future) .
  • Ailurophile
    Ailurophile Posts: 16 Forumite
    2 small UUs

CK One perfume sample - smells like it's a unisex fragrance, it's okay but WNB.

Montagne Jeunesse Passion Peel Off Mask - I used this on Wednesday night and I've still got red blotches on my cheeks. I've used MJ masks before but this was the first one that irritated my skin. Would not buy the peel off masks again but I may still buy the other kinds.

I'm going to London next week so I should have loads of small UUs to report when I get back. :j
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,820
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Have 2 more UUs:-

One from PP list : Argan oil hair mask. Got this from pound shop and would buy again. However am going to see how my new Tresemme shampoo & conditioner perform before I buy any other treatments.

balance me face mask. Came as freebie. WNBA. Don't like the grains in it.

Have been v good today and resisted Liz Earle TSV a. Is brilliant price for the kit and I'd use all the products but bar the body wash I have them all in my stash already. Was torn because of the easy pay but don't want to spend the money on this as I've already treated myself in L'Occitane. Plus I don't have room in my drawer.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_baby
    London_baby Posts: 434
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all, hope you're enjoying the weekend, I'm finally on a roll with uus buy my pp perfume is still holding on:

Jasmine rice soap:bought from Thailand and is the most moisturising soap I've used. After using, there is no need to cream my body. WBA, of I can find it in the UK at a reasonable price.

Superdrug Floral fragrant body wash: Recycled as a handwash. WNBA, cheap and not very moisturising.

Superdrug Floral Fragrant body cream: Recycled as a handcream, WNBA, too watery.

H & M Mysterioso nail polish - WMBA, but have loads of polishes to use up first.

Superdrug hot cloth cleanser - HG

Montagne jeunesse hot sauna mask
  • Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2015 at 3:17PM
    Not much brain or body power here again today :( Still, I'm happy to say that I've just passed my 100th UU for 2015 :j This month has made all the difference. I think watching the project pans flipped a switch in my brain! :)

L'Oreal True Match Super-blendable Powder in C1 Rose Ivory (9g) - this was my HG pressed powder. Not so sure anymore. I have a new one to use that is very old but still seems to be perfect.

Dove Intensive Repair Leave In Conditioning & Care Spray (200ml) - an HG product for me. I don't use it when I wash my hair but as you can apply it on dry hair it's brilliant to moisturise my dry hair on non-washing days :)

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil (10ml) - this is gorgeous! WBA but I have a stash of the equally lovely Weleda Pomegranate Body Oil to work through (happily) first.

REN Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish (330ml) - I bought this in a reduced set ages ago. It was a pink rose item for a while but now I'm glad it's UU. WNBA simply because it's so pricey and I'd rather try something new. (I have quite a few scrubs to work through. Once they're gone I'll probably make my own.)

Clarins Double Serum sample sachet - very awkward sample to use! Sank in quickly and I got two applications from it but that isn't enough to tell if it does anything.

I have two TAs that came from me sorting out more of my makeup yesterday

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper mini - sadly the colour was awful on me.

Benefit Lady's Choice Lana lipstick mini from a set - another dreadful colour on me! :eek:

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)
  • Gemzie121
    Gemzie121 Posts: 668
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 March at 2:50PM
    Deleted_User not trying to enable but the last time I placed a fragrance direct order they had TBS Shea range cheap! :D
    http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/page/search?termtextkeywordsearch=Body+shop+shea&searchsubmit=

I'm really proud of myself... Went to asda on Friday and bought no toiletries whatsoever!!! I had a cheeky browse but nothing went in the trolley even though there were loads of offers. :D

I have a couple IN the first was not something I've bought recently, this was bought about four years ago :p whilst cleaning out my car the other day we found a tin of w7 cherry lip balm that I thought had been lost forever. :o

Second ins are Pantene colour care shampoo and conditioner and also Pantene hair mask bought for me by my mum as I've just had my hair coloured and she said it was a good offer.

Some outs:

Nivea express hydration hand cream - got this in a gift set a couple years ago from my brother. WMBA it was okay and I do have another somewhere and also a mini one but not my favourite hand cream I've had. It was a bit of a LHJ in the end.

Sanctuary body wash mini - I love the scent of sanctuary products and WBA. It's not watery and I love the little beads in it. Do have more stashed away.

Shower gel mini (not sure of brand) - this was part of a gift set, I've no idea what the brand was but it had cats on it. Smelt a bit like candy floss. Nothing special WNBA and it was really watery.

Herbal essences tousle me softly hair mask - WBA beautiful scent and does a nice job. Still not as good as the Argan oil one (can't remember brand) I got for a pound though which is much thicker formulation.

Impulse sweet smile body spray - WBA I do have another to use stashed. Smells really lovely.

Lacura fresh pink deodorant spray - this is now HG item, it lasts forever, smells fab and does a good job and it's a bargain, good old aldi! WBA and I will buy another when the right guard one I've replaced it with (was already stashed) is used up.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2015/2016/2017/2018

UUs for 2016: 513 In's: 447 UUs for 2017: 207 Ins: 161
    UUs for 2018: In's:
    Self Confessed Lush Addict!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have some ins

Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Minimalist
    Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Keep it Classy

Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Red Essential

Nails Inc Alexa Hearts Collection - I wanted the Winter Lilac and the Hearts polish in this set particularly but I also love the other colours (except the Pink Cashmere which I already have and love the colour but not the finish) and this was 1/2 price in Boots.

Nails Inc Porchester Square Gel Polish - also 1/2 price (no idea why) in Boots and I totally love this colour so I snapped that up too.

These were all bought online with 2 x 1Kg bags of Epsom Salts. I use the salts in the bath after my epic bike rides to ease the muscles.

I will also have a Superdrug order to declare and the Rituals boxes when they arrive (the company doing these are notoriously slow).

I hang my head in shame:o:o
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills