Great ‘Bit On The Side’ Hunt

Options

Comments

• lynnechapman
    Options
    On the other side of the coin, I recruit market research group discussions (aka focus groups) and people who attend them usually receive £30 or so depending on length of time etc. It may be worth your while seeing if there are people like me who are on the lookout for people to do the same where you live. We always need a wide variety of different types of people.
    Lynne
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone got any experience with www.expresspaidsurveys.com ?

I had an email just now pointing me to that site, the rewards look reasonably attractive but then they want at least $24.95 from you before they let you see any survey. In theory, this could be re-couped in one survey - - - but I am not sure this will work in practice. The rewards will be paid by the companies doing the survey, so there could be other hidden charges and terms that make the whole thing a flop.

Would be useful to hear from somebody who has signed up with them
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wouldn't be too keen as (a) they want an up-front fee (b) it's in dollars, and (c) they presumably junk-mailed you..?

By the way, the site is registered through (at least) 2 proxy domain services - difficult to track down people and addresses...
  • Fingers_2
    Options
    I like the sound of this thread, I'm all for saving money, but making a bit more on the side is even better.

I'm really interested by the potential to make some money from online surveys and web reviews or the like, but realistically how much extra can you make from these (per hour of your time spent say)? And where can I find more information about it.

As an extension to that, all opportunities or suggestions welcome; Say I have a few hours each day to spare for the next couple of weeks. What is the best way to make a bit of extra cash using only a broadband connection and some common sense? (surveys?online reviews? matched betting?)
  • an0key
    an0key Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must say I'm looking for another means to make some extra pennies... well as long as it's genuine and not a con...

Can't wait to see what you come up with...
    Smile... it's free
  • katchambers
    Options
    I am an ebook seller, as I mentioned earlier. I haven't been doing it for very long but am well on my way to becoming a powerseller. I sold 106 ebooks last month and made a profit of £240. I am very pleased with that and hope to top that this month. I have to say that I have read various people's advice and bought many ebooks about selling ebooks on ebay and I would disagree with a lot of what they say. A lot of people sell the ebooks that are very common, that are sold by about 100 people and therefore the most you can get is 50p from them. I work very hard to find unique ebooks so that I can capitalise on the lack of competition and charge slight higher prices. My cheapest ebook is actually £1.49 and my most expensive is £4.99. The great thing is that besides the ebay and paypal costs it is all profit as you don't have to buy inventory, the ebooks sit on your machine and you email them out to your customers, you can even automate outlook to send them automatically.

I would suggest when you are starting out, start slowly, have a look round for some unique ebooks, the best place on ebay to look for them, other than typing ebook into the search is the category: everything else> information products > information services
    I look there for new ideas. Then buy a few ebooks, list them, play around with the marketing and you should be able to work it out. If you need anymore guidance I can recommend planetsms as a powerseller who is very helpful. I bought all his ebooks and a ready made website, his website for members which has every ebook that is updated with new ones daily and a chat forum.

Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions
    Kat x
    My darling boy born December 2011

• niknaks
    Options
    Hi Kat,

Ebooks sound great, but I am curious - are there not any copyright issues selling these?

Nikki
    :)
  • aphrodite_2
    Options
    I work in a pub for one night every week. This doesn't interfere with my day job, and is a great way of saving money as well as earning it. When I was looking for the job, I applied at the pub that a lot of my friends drink in. I now get to chat to them while earning money instead of being sat at the other side of the bar spending it! Of course there are nights when it's too busy to stop and chat, but these are the nights when I get plenty of tips so can afford a night out later in the week. :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I like doing surveys too and they can pay well, but are a bit sporadic.
    One weekend a couple of weeks ago I made £30+ in anhour but since then prob only made a fiver!
    My fave site is valuedopinions.co.uk and nfocc.com (got a product test from them recently too). yougov.co.uk and mutualpoints are ok too, but taking me ages to reach the minimum redemption. also ciao not bad.

Westernpromise - Thanks for listing pureprofile, had forgotten about that one. Just looked and I never finished registering!!! Are they any good?

Does anyone else know of any others please?

Have tried juicybrains but don't really fit their criteria!

Also anyone know of any other product test sites? Joined a few but not had much look. Used to get a few things from cosmeticresearchonline but nothing for a while (had an email saying theyare going into clothes testing too though!)
  • fairylights_2
    Options
    I work from home selling children's books to earn my pennies. I started a couple of years ago now, and I love it. My kids have loads of books and I've not got to pay childcare. It's one of those commission things that I've always been really suspicious of, but it actually isn't a scam ( :confused: and there was me thinking that they all were!) It means I get out and about and see lots of other people and my children get to play at the same time. It used to fit around the part-time job pre baby no.2, but now it is my only job. That and mse mean no full time job for me anymore! :T :T :T
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 002 :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport