PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th April 2019

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Monday - done
    Tuesday - done
    Extra job (ie not Wednesday's list) was DS's room.
    Been to Hobby craft and bought wool for new baby due on my sister's birthday. Flylady vibes for arrives on due date would be appreciated.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fly lady vibes coming your way Valli.

Lots of knitting done. I'm off to bed now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    Welcome back bonnie_bumpkins :wave: - it's great to see you :j

Flying here today has consisted of
    - emptying all the bins
    - throwing away dead flowers and arranging new ones
    - S&S'ing kitchen
    - getting DH to hoover all through downstairs
    - sending DH to the tip
    - a church visit to a care home where we - and the residents - were offered a cup of tea and a wide range of freshly baked cakes including a sponge sandwich with fresh cream and a chocolate chip shortbread which was to die for :p The residents there are treated like royalty :)
    - food shopping - again?!?!
    - taking Rosie for her walk
    - dealing with more paperwork: gradually clearing the spare bed again (I knew it wouldn't last long :()
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    House not at all as I'd like it to look for my mum's arrival tomorrow.
    Went to gym and did aqua.
    Went to uni. Arrived early so did a bit more of a report before my student arrived.
    Did assessment.
    Checked greenhouse.
    Went to Curryz and got new TV to replace old one which has a defunct digibox. Hope to get a few quid for old one.
    Went to Ald1
    Cooked dinner.
    Spent ages searching for my step tracker, will have to call in at gym tomorrow to see if I dropped it.
    Sorry that's all.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Morning all, woken up early to the alarm call of a dog being sick. So much for Littleydogs clean bill of health.

Today's list-

Plan tonight's dinner
    Walk dogs twice
    Take dogs to groomer
    Buy tickets for show when they go on sale
    Trip to tip - hopefully once will be enough

And if there's time before meeting tonight, clean windows inside as the outsides are done.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • This is the third Thursday in a row I've got free to fly and today is 'operation pressure wash' I'm hoping to get both the front and back parts of the house done.

We've got artificial turf down in most of the front and back so, although I will have to roll at least some of it up (so the water can get to the drains) I'm hoping it won't take as long. I'm going to attempt
    To clean and sterilise Pickle's water play table too as he will be wanting to play again now that the weather is getting better.

Childminder run to do first though. Should be 'at it' by 8:30 ish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all.

Did some knitting last night before bed. Cunning plan designed to minimise snacking opportunities. Have put towels and bathmat through WM on hot wash. Just popped DS's duvet cover set and a couple of extras in. Hadn't realised/remembered he was off today so very pleased I did in there yesterday.

Today I would like to do DD's room as she's coming home tonight for Easter, as well as lounge, hallway and dining room. Lounge is straight; dining room is horrific, so much so that when window cleaners were on their way I closed the blind.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Not much flying getting done this week, just the bare minimum to keep things tidyish. I seem to have lost my motivation! Although I think with the kids being off it's thrown the routine out a bit.

I did get the oven cleaned last night as OH was supposed to do it weeks ago after a pizza disintegrated whilst not on a tray, he said again he would do it on Sunday after using too much pastry for his pie so it fell off the side of the dish he had wrapped it round in the oven... I finally caved last night and did it because whilst the satisfaction of him doing it at last would have been great, it was peeing me off!!

Sorted the bins out this morning as it's bin day, called up to OH that all of the bins need new bags in as I didn't have the time before leaving for work. I half loaded the DW from last night's dinner, hopefully he will finish that, wash up, and tidy as he doesn't have work until this afternoon. I will not be impressed if I come home to a messy house :rotfl:

Going to clean my car over the weekend, it needs a good vacuum and wash.

Half day for me tomorrow and Monday, so plenty of time to catch up on things :D
  • Pressure washing will not happen.
    I have pulled all the muscles in the underneath of my ribs (at the back) getting the hose out of the cellar.
    Shower, deep heat, and a potter round the supermarket is all that's on the cards for me now.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Ouch wishing, speedy recovery x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family