Talktalk Service

All,
I would like to express what I underwent having read Talktalk Broadband package offer on a newspaper whilst commuting.

My contract with Plusnet was ending on 27th March 2019. So I applied to Talktalk online on 8th March 2019 for £17 per month plus £60 voucher.

Got a letter on 15th March 2019 with the new phone number. Called Talktalk if they could transfer the same phone from plusnet. They said they can but would have to cancel the order and a representative will call back for the new order. I asked by doing so would this not cancel my deal since today is the last day and the rates will change tomorrow plus I may loose the £60 voucher. Talktalk assured me I would not and they will have the same offer that I had applied in the first place.

No call back from Talktalk. So called and was told they cannot transfer since Plusnet has made this number invisible the best is to proceed having a new order. I was furious, why was I advised wrongly about cancelling since this was due to be live on the 20th March 2019. Spoke for 4 hours with Talktalk representatives Frank and Max(Manager) who both apologised and assured I will get the following:
1. Same £17 deal
2. £60 voucher
3. Compensation for extension due to change in order latest being live on 1st April

I said this is fair and told them to email me back so I can send them Plusnet new bill after the contract ending. No email received.

Got my Talktalk connection installed on the 1st April 2019.

Called today inquiring what do I have.
1. I got the same deal £17
2. £60 voucher I need to email us-talktalkvouchers@awin.com
3. Emailed Plusnet bill amounting to £29.98 to concerns@talktalkplc.com

Awaiting response. The vouchers I asked them how would a third party know since Talktalk cancelled/messed up the order. Will have to wait 90 days to see where this lands too. The compensation it’s only the broadband bill, having a unlimited calls option it’s fine for me but the time spent an average of 1 hour of working day time this surely is ridiculous service.

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Hi fpereira,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had, and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We'll look into this, please can you contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk) so that we can take some details and assist you further?

Jo - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You opted for a budget, bottom of the market ISP. What did you expect?

I'm surprised that you aren't more concerned that this happened:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/talktalk-fine-data-breach-theft-customers-information-stolen-record-penalty-a7346316.html

By the way, it's "lose" not "loose".
  • fpereira
    fpereira Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Got an email from Talktalk asking me again what I explained on phone and was assured that this was logged into the system.

‘Thanks for contacting us about your query.

To resolve your query as quickly as possible we need more information about the problem you are having. Please can you provide us with a more detailed explanation of what you are experiencing.

Your security is important to us, so before we can reply with details of your account, we need you to go through a security check. Please reply to this e-mail with the following details:

- Your full name
    - Your landline phone number or account number
    - 3rd and 6th character of your password set up on your account

If you do not know the password on the account, please could we have any one of the following:
    - The answer to your personal security question
    - Account number
    - Last 4 digits of your bank account registered with TalkTalk

As soon as you send us this information, we can get started.

If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.

If you would like more information, there is also a lot of detailed help and advice online in our Help Pages and our online Community. We are also here to help on Live Chat (click the tab on all our help pages).’

Now will reply to both the email and Twitter
  • fpereira
    Forumite
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi fpereira,

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had, and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We'll look into this, please can you contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk) so that we can take some details and assist you further?

Jo - TalkTalk Social Team

Replied on Twitter with a synopsis
  • fpereira
    Forumite
    I got a call from Talktalk today saying that the email should be sent to concerns@talktalkplc.com which I said I did that. The other email talktalk_help@mailgb.custhelp.com is not correct that’s what I got told, interesting!

Anyways the representative stated once they get the email which is roughly 5-30 days they will call back when the line got cut.

In regards to the voucher they mentioned since it’s cancelled it’s not possible which annoyed me. I said again it’s a Talktalk mess and the previous manager Max mentioned they will process such. To which the response came they will chase this up accordingly.

Have tweeted the above too.
  • fpereira
    Forumite
    I would like to thank Talktalk for their swift service in resolving the above.
    I have been credited by £60 voucher and my additional Plusnet charge of £29.98

Although having read a lot on this Forum I have been privileged to receive a well responded and swift service by Talktalk. I did try all methods, Email, Calling, Twitter and this Forum.

Thank you Talktalk.
    Post is hereby closed and resolved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family