How Do You Do All This Without Owning A Credit Card??

HI

HAVE BEEN READING ALL THESE THREADS AND SET ABOUT EBAY / AMAZON TODAY IN ORDER TO SELL MY STUFF TO GO TOWARDS PAYING OFF DEBT AND I CANT GET ANYWHERE WITH THEM AS I DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD TO SET UP ANY ACCOUNTS, FEEL LIKE THERE IS NO HOPE AS I WONT GET AS MUCH IF I GO TO THE LIKES OF CASH CONVERTERS. HAVE NO JOB AS GOT MADE REDUNDANT WITH NO PAY FINDING IT REALLY HARD TRYING TO GET A NEW JOB ( NOW INTO MY 2ND MONTH OF TRYING) AND COULD DO WITH HELP......SO IF YOU CAN :confused:

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Hi Michelle,

Do you have a current account and debit card? I think you can set up an ebay account with that (not sure though, it is a long time since I set mine up!).

I noticed you have posted on Debt Free Wanabee. That is a good step as you will get lots of excellent advice and support on there.

Best of luck with getting things sorted x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • yeah i have a current account but its a cash card as i cant get any other type of account at the moment. am trying to stay positive and just get on with it.
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,962
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I use a Visa/Delta (Debit) card on ebay with no problems. I also don't have a credit card.
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    I dont have a credit card either, I sell and buy on ebay with a debit card. Its no problem at all.
  • Hi Michelle

Lots of people seem to be using the prepaid cards.
  • Hi MichelleI didn't have a debit card until recently but it does not affect your ability to use ebay.As long as you have a bank account you'll be fine. Just set up the bank account details with ebay (and PayPal) and you can use these details to buy using an e-cheque. This takes longer than credit/debit card as it comes out of your ban account by direct debit. Most sellers will accept this - and will usually state if they don't (ie immediate payment required).Hope this helps, it never caused me any problems.Fi
    Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Live is AWESOME!!
    2009 Sealed Pot Challenge Banked £100
    Comp wins: Shearer Candles (£43)
    Depressed, dieting, binge-eater with gastric bypass. What's your problem?:cheesy:
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Mine's linked to my maestro debit card - and paypal's linked to my bank account (though I'm not entirely happy about that)
  • I use ebay/paypal with my Quidity prepaid card (www.quiditycard.com) - but there are lots of prepaid cards out there. Have a look at the Which Prepaid Card comparison site that tells you all about the cards and you can see their T&Cs to see which one would suit you best http://www.which-prepaid-card.co.uk/.
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    You can also pay your ebay fees by Paypal and I have just set up my Visa Electron card on it no probs (co-operative cash minder account)
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Yes paypal and ebay are okay. It only thinks like Google Adwords that require a VISA credit or Mastercard......

Relax and use your bank account or quidity...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure