Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    SteveC68 wrote: »
    Joined this company on a promise of a fixed contract ( or so I thought ) - recent notification of 30% uplift in prices - several texts asking if I have second thoughts on leaving - initiated joining with Bulb energy a week ago.

This morning received email which contains this " We’re sorry to hear about your decision to transfer away from us. Unfortunately, your cooling off period has ended and we can't cancel your account. " ????

Any ideas .. responded back to them confirming I want to leave ... should I just leave this or take it further ... phoning them is a joke ...

Hi Steve,

If you're outside of your cooling off period, all you'd need to do is contact a supplier of your choice and they'll take care of the switch in 21 days time. Just to confirm, you won't be charged any exit fees because of these price increases.

If you send an e-mail to MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com with your full name, first line of address & postcode i'll pluck it personally and respond with confirmation. :)
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Hello SpotlandRules,

We apologise for any confusion. Unfortunately, some of our welcome packs have mistakenly included a reference to a “price guarantee” for our variable tariffs. We’re very sorry, this was a misprint.

What are your options?

1. You can switch to another supplier. If you’re not happy to stay with TOTO, contact another supplier of your choice and they will take care of the switch. The transfer will take approximately 21 days.

2. You can switch to another one of our tariffs. You can change to our fixed price tariffs within 30 days of receiving this email. Contact us via email at dd@totoenergy.com.

We’d be sorry to see you go, but you are free to leave should you wish to do so. If you leave within the next 30 days, we’ll waive any exit fees and you can leave without paying a penalty.

Brilliant customer relations. You are getting on par with Ryan Air.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 December 2017 at 6:14PM
    Hi Polymaff,

We're really sorry that you're unhappy with our new pre-payment tariffs.

As a small supplier, we do everything we can to minimise cost and pass the savings on to customers. But, wholesale energy costs have increased this winter, and unfortunately we have to keep up.

The UK government capped pre-pay prices at the beginning of November. With rising wholesale gas costs, we've held off for as long as possible before we increased our prices. As said in the e-mail, you do matter to us, and we don't take changing these prices lightly.

If you would like any further help or support please contact us on Livechat, our Facebook page, or call us on 03332107070.

So am I a pre-payment customer, Jack? I pay by monthly direct debit. If I'm classed as a pre-payment customer then who is not a pre-payment customer? If I'm not, then why mention it at all?
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    polymaff wrote: »
    Got the:

"The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices. TOTO Energy are now increasing our prices in line with the agreed price cap. You matter to us - we don't take changing your prices lightly."
    polymaff wrote: »
    So am I a pre-payment customer, Jack? I pay by monthly direct debit. If I'm classed as a pre-payment customer then who is not a pre-payment customer? If I'm not, then why mention it at all?

Hi Polymaff,

In the previous post you made, you quoted an e-mail you received stating "The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices."

This led me to believe that you are currently using a pre-payment service. This particular e-mail would've only been sent to pre-payment customer accounts. If this is not the case and you have received this e-mail incorrectly, please provide additional details to MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com so I can investigate why this has happened.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused, i'll try to provide as much information as possible and help as much as I can. Thank you for your patience.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Polymaff,

In the previous post you made, you quoted an e-mail you received stating "The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices."

This led me to believe that you are currently using a pre-payment service. This particular e-mail would've only been sent to pre-payment customer accounts. If this is not the case and you have received this e-mail incorrectly, please provide additional details to [EMAIL="MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com"]MSEFeedback@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL] so I can investigate why this has happened.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused, i'll try to provide as much information as possible and help as much as I can. Thank you for your patience.

"TOTO Energy Update" email, with attachment, sent, Jack.
  • Richey_
    Richey_ Posts: 334 Forumite
    I thought I would share part of an email from Toto which made me chuckle.

I have signed up with another supplier after this Toto fiasco where they sent repeated correspondence saying my price was guaranteed for a year but now find out that this was a “misprint,” total rubbish. It was a con to get people signed up, to then put up the prices in my opinion.

If you have ever tried to speak to anybody, their customer service is verging on non existent. Clearly massively understaffed and over stretched,

Anyway, today Toto sent me an email with reasons why I should reconsider leaving. Within the email it states “We’re an independent supplier and offer a great customer service”

Great customer service indeed. I couldn’t stop laughing when I read this.

I am glad to be leaving. I don’t like being lied to. How can anybody trust a company who make lots of promises, which they later rescind and call it a “misprint.”
  • Your e mail of 19 Dec told the tale about TOTO hiking its prices. After a bit more messing about with summer and winter prices etc they have gone back to square 1 now, for me at least, and I keep my 2017 prices until October renewal. Yes they are a bit of a shambles over that it seems.

BUT ...

My switch from EON to TOTO, started in October, went pear-shaped, and I received a HUGE bill from EON at Christmas time. I thought the switch had taken place, and no-one told me otherwise. EON had of course put me on to their top rate (why are they allowed these silly top rates?).

It turns out TOTO dropped the ball with the switch process. Apparently they had switched electricity but not gas. They put their hand up to it and have offered (not agreed, offered) to pay the amount I am out of pocket.

I think thats pretty fair and straightforward of them, and if possible I thought I would leave a positive comment for TOTO to help others decide. Different from EON who I think have been underhand and despicable over this in not querying the partial switch.

Thanks TOTO. I'm staying.
  • Switched to Toto last August through Cheap Energy Club which was offering a £30 cashback. Still waiting for that, as Toto did not inform CEC of switch! Soon discovered that their website was useless. It would not allow me to create my own password and would not accept my opening meter readings. When I finally managed to get through on the phone, the adviser gave me a generic password to use. E-mails went unanswered. As soon as they announced their price increase in December, I opted to switch suppliers without an exit penalty, only to receive an e-mail on 26 Dec to say that the prices would remain the same. By that time, I had been accepted by the new supplier with a start date of 3 Jan 18. Having given my new supplier my opening meter readings, I cancelled my Direct Debit with Toto and received an e-mail the following day, advising me that there was something wrong with my DD and inviting me to contact their "friendly LiveChat team" via their website or phone. Website shows that Toto no longer supplies me with gas! Unable to find any reference to LiveChat on website, I have sent them yet another e-mail, advising them (again) that I have switched suppliers and also that I am still waiting for a final bill from my previous supplier who has not yet been informed by Toto of the meter readings I gave them in August! This has been a nightmare experience from the beginning and I can understand why some people (especially the elderly) are reluctant to switch suppliers
  • "Switched to Toto last August through Cheap Energy Club which was offering a £30 cashback." same for me as Bemused43 above moved in June and not cashback paid.

Usage figures on website abysmal. Where can I see my usage against payments made?

Told I could enter meter readings on website, no functionality shown.

Smart meters replaced by Toto smart meters and still got emails requesting meter readings!

DD just increased massively.

No replies to emails asking for clarification.

Customer service and functionality a disgrace and should be replected as such on energy club website.

In the middle of transferring, do not know why energy club does not indicate which suppliers are luddites with respect to smart meters?

Also why do smart meters have to be changed every time you move supplier?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure