Supermarket Mince Pies

Options
Saw an offer for BOGOF in our local supermarket for Mince Pies and checked the best before date and it was the middle of November this year!
Looking to raise some money ;)

Comments

• Biddyrolo
    Options
    :eek: :eek: What on earth do they put in their pastry? On second thoughts 'm not sure I want to know.:rolleyes:
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah me too! i was going to start buying bits and bobs, saw a BOGOF in tesco for the iced mince pies (yummmm) and best before 12 november - now i know if i buy them now i'll probably end up eating them - but there's no need for tesco's to encourage me!!!!!!!!!!
  • broomstick27
    Options
    Ah that explains why Tesco have brought out their fresh brandy cream 'Christmas' which has best before Nov 25th. Its for those people who accidently buy BOGOF mincepies and need something to eat them with
    Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
  • swampduck
    swampduck Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ......does anyone know if you can freeze the boxed versions i.e. Mr K*ipling?
    I'm hopeless at baking but would happily buy BOGOF's if I knew they would keep in the Freezer..

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • liz.._4
    liz.._4 Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    swampduck wrote:
    ......does anyone know if you can freeze the boxed versions i.e. Mr K*ipling?
    I'm hopeless at baking but would happily buy BOGOF's if I knew they would keep in the Freezer..

Swampy

I've frozen them before and they've been ok, just check the packet. I'm hoping to do my own this year!
    :)
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mr Kipling cakes, and the like, are fairly long life and will *probably* last a couple of weeks after the best before date as they are vacuum sealed etc. I wouldn't serve them to the vicar at tea though!
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    just a thought, perhaps the best before date of this month(ish) is from stock they didnt sell LAST YEAR..... Mmmm yummy preservatives ... lol

enjoy...

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mince pies won't last until Christmas here. My two boys love them and will eat them long before Christmas! I can't stand them myself :o
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport