PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

You know you're a money saver when.....

Comments

• Pinky15
    Pinky15 Posts: 916 Forumite
    Violetta wrote: »
    You get all excited in Morrisons until you realise those yellow stickers are their normal price stickers & not the reduced ones.:sad:
    Yep have done this before :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :j
    Nov 2012 - Loan £1200, CC1 £1450
    CC2 £1300, CC3 £100
    Next £200

I will get rid!!!!
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Wehn your husband's osteopath gives your husband his email to give you so you can email him all the links of sites where you get your cheap theatre offers!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    delain wrote: »
    You head straight for the reduced aisle of the shop :rotfl:
    Gulity as charged. I have even been known to duck under the barrier at Tescos on a Sunday as it is being lifted to get there before everyone else:o
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    when the chap interviewing you for a mortage offer doesnt believe how little you spend on groceries, (about an 1/4 of what him and his g/f spend), and he accueses you of being delusional about your spending and starts to question the other financial data you've given him....
    then you explain - whoopsies, planning, home cooking, less meat, batch cooking, slow cooker for cheaper meat cuts and MSE. Then HE looks embarased. :rotfl:
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You walk 3 miles through the snow to the shop and then walk home again with 12kg of food in your 52 litre rucksack.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Violetta wrote: »
    `Oh I forgot this one, your friends when they get a brill bargain in a shop actually call it "Doing a Vi" (except they use my real name) that makes me proud of them. Vi xx

This happens to me too! I also hear people in the office saying they got a discount for something using "lilian's magic website" - I emailed a few people a link to the Discount Codes and Vouchers forum and taught them how to search! It warms my heart! x
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    23rdspiral wrote: »
    when the chap interviewing you for a mortage offer doesnt believe how little you spend on groceries, (about an 1/4 of what him and his g/f spend), and he accueses you of being delusional about your spending and starts to question the other financial data you've given him....
    then you explain - whoopsies, planning, home cooking, less meat, batch cooking, slow cooker for cheaper meat cuts and MSE. Then HE looks embarased. :rotfl:

:D:D:D I can't stop laughing :D:D:D
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    rachbc wrote: »
    you consider risking life and limb to go to the supermarket because you reckon there will be a load of whoopsies because no other idiots will go shopping in a blizzard!

oh you did that too
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • carrieon
    carrieon Posts: 90 Forumite
    When you swop your beloved Tumble Dryer for another freezer. This is to save on electric and to cater for all the home made meals, soups etc, leftovers, bogoffs, and home grown veg and fruit.
    Debt at 01/01/2010 £130 MBNA :T

Challenges £365 in 365 days total.....£41.14/£365
    Grocery challenge December £87.69/ £80.00 Grocery challenge Feb £74.50/£160
    Crazy Clothes Challenge £50.92/£100 in 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business