PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I blew it this week as I had such a busy day yesterday I didn't get to eat until 8pm and had a dominos pizza, followed by a non-diet ice cream!

However, I have lost 1lb again this week :) so I'm still on track for my target weightloss :D
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    Cranky I am reporting a gain of 2lb this week but I am very glad it isn't more after Easter. My husband won a couple of Easter eggs in a raffle and gave them to me so they have been scoffed and I also had some leftover creme eggs as well from my knitting chicks and bunnies. I am chocolated out for now and looking forward to a nice healthy day of eating good food.

I was up early boiling some eggs to put in the fridge for breakfast so the kitchen has a delightfully eggy aroma but it will be worth it as hard boiled eggs are one of my favourite foods. I am also going to cook some rumbledethumps to have for lunch in a little while so I can just heat it up later on. I have a bit of energy first thing in the morning so I like to get any food prep done now.

My meals today are going to be:

b - hard boiled eggs and a cup of tea
    l - roast lamb, rumbledethumps and carrots
    d - salad roll, sugar free jelly and ice cream
    s - I am going to try not to snack so much so I will give them a miss today.

Hope you all are still enjoying the Bank Holiday weather, take care xx
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had to google rumbledethumps, what a great name!

An absolutely shocking 2.5lb gain for me :eek: I only ate half my Easter egg yesterday so I will feed the other half to DS1 today when he comes over!

I'm actually looking forward to starting the diet again. My birthday is in a few weeks time and DH keeps asking what I want. I'm thinking of getting a bicycle, but I like the Dutch style ones with a basket - would they be ok for getting fit? Also I will be turning 46 and haven't ridden of 30 years, is it a daft idea?
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last week's gain has evened itself out as this week is a completely undeserved -4lb loss

I've been quite good for most of the week and have still been doing my C25K, despite the fact that I keep failing to complete the 20 min run, but drank pretty much my bodyweight of wine yesterday so am not holding out too much hope for a loss next week. I'll do my best to minimise the damage though, rather than giving in and eating anything/everything because I see the week as a write off before I've even started.

Dandy, it's not a daft idea at all. I don't think the style of the bike makes a difference, anything that gets you out there and moving is a bonus.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous bank holiday in the sunshine and best of luck for the week ahead.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dandy-candy, I used to have a ladies bicycle with a basket many years ago and I absolutely loved it for whizzing into town or to the beach. I definitely think you should get one for your birthday. Do you have any safe places to ride it while you get used to it? Actually, I think I am going to put getting another bike on my bucket list of things I want to do when I get healthy enough to do them.
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    I'm so happy to report a 1KG LOSS this week! :D It probably could have been more if I didn't eat as much junk as I did :D
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

Sorry that I haven't posted. The second week of the school holidays seems to have been a cross between chaos and hard work. I'm ok but one of my close friends who is a talented, lovely lady has been hit hard with a dose of the blues so I've tried to spend some time talking to her. My friend who has terminal cancer has ended up in hospital so there's visiting to fit in (I saw her at home the day before she was admitted and had a feeling that it was headed that way....). My house troll is as usual beautifully behaved, being polite and lovely to any visitors, making them drinks and not minding that I'm not quite as available as usual.

The other news is that I have a job. Only 16 hours a week in a local cafe but it will get me out of the house and give me people to talk to other than myself. It isn't a cafe chain and they grow herbs in their little garden so definitely my kind of place.

Now for weight.....it's a +2 lb gain for me this week. I'm ok with that. It will come off next week as my new job gives me shifts which mean I can still take the HT to school then go for a run. I spent years feeling deprived and saying no to Easter eggs, birthday cake, christmas treats etc and each year I put on more weight. Since I started saying yes to "food for occasions" and treating myself like a person who can be normal around food I've over all lost weight. I think the trick is to try not to overdo it. In all fairness the gain isn't all Easter egg. My aunty wanted so sit outside a local pub for a drink so there was a pint of cider which went down very nicely. The HT made rocky road and is so pleased with himself that I ate some - I really don't want him to have food issues when he's older. We had McDonalds one night because the HT fancied it and it's school holidays. Back to sticking to the plan now. Sixteen hours a week on my feet on the cafe should help too right?

Take care all of you :)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Second Quarter

01/04/19 - 30/06/19

Imperial (lbs)

Brambling 2/10 -/:);)/;)/
    chocolatebum 4/14 -/:):):)/:)/
    Cranky 2.5/9 -/:):):):);)/STS/:D:D
    dandy-candy +0.5/7 -/:):)/STS/:D:D:o
    Doing it my way 0/13 -/-/-/
    dumpling 2/10 -/-/:):):):)/:D:D
    ellie99 2/10 :)/:)/-/
    enthusiastic saver 4/14:)/:)/:):)/
    fit and freaky 2/18 -/:):)/-/
    Gingerlily 0.5/14 -/;)/:);)/
    GreenEcoGirl +2/11 -/STS/:D:D/
    hatful of hollow 0/11 -/-/-/
    Iheartichokeyou 0/10 -/-/-/
    Izadora 3/18 -/:)/:D:D/:):):):)
    K9zz 2/12 -/:):)/:)/
    katiepants 6/13 -/:):):):);)/:);)/
    kazwookie 2/12 -/:)/:)/
    MovingForwards 9/20 :):):):):):):)/:)/:)/
    MrsLottie 0.5/7 ;)/;)/:D/
    Munchin 0/10 -/;)/-/
    Rose Wood 3/7 -/:):)/:)/
    s_glover 0/16 -/STS/STS/
    SIRENS 3.5/10 -/;)/:):)/
    star trek fan 2/14 -/:):):)/:D/
    VickyV 2/16 -/:)/:)/

Metric (kg)

butterfly2507 0.2/9 -/:D/:);)/:):)

Weight Loss week 1 ..................8.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 2 ............... 35.0 lbs & +0.5 kg
    Weight Loss week 3..................12.0 lbs & 0.7 kg
    Weight Loss week 4..................+2.5 lbs & 1.0 kg
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have STS this week. Apart from one snacky evening, I've been pretty good, no chocolate or easter goodies. I'm not getting on well with the painkillers the doc gave me, I know I have a lot of fluid retention. Tempted to stop taking them, but then I'll be back to square one.

Dandy-candy, of course a bike isn't a silly idea. Do you have quiet places you can ride until you get used to it again?

Cranky40, your HT sounds lovely :) Agree with you that you have to live in the real world and not deprive yourself all the time.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    -1 for this week

Slow but sure

Thank you for all the support and meal ideas

Have a good bank holiday
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.