Could it work? Your thoughts please...

So.....I've dreamt up this 'idea' which I feel could be successful. I understand it's risky to 'disclose your ideas' as such, however everyone on this forum has always been more than helpful so I thought what better place to come.

For the gamblers among us, it is relating to SkyBet's Crowdboosting concept. For those of you that don't gamble, essentially SkyBet will post a bet, for example City, Chelsea and Liverpool all to win this weekend priced at 3/1. When 5k people back this bet, the odds hike to 4/1, when 10k it may reach 5/1.

My idea is to work with small businesses on sharing style basis. I share a product of theirs at say £25, once 50 people share it, it drops to £20 and once 100 it may drop to £15 (just ballpark figures!)

This helps small businesses get recognised more alongside also sellng their products.

Appreciate your thoughts - don't be shy!

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A bit like Price Drop TV but on social media?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • A bit like Price Drop TV but on social media?

PriceDrop TV that's a throwback, but yes think a 2019 version I guess.

What do you think?
  • letsbuyit.com set out as a website with a similar principal. A bit like groupon offers but the more people that signed up the lower the price got. I don't think that is how the leysbuyit.com site works now

edit- I don't think it even exists now....
  • Elise1912
    Elise1912 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Yeah, this reminds me of QVC selling jewellery, when they've sold 100 price drops etc. Sounds like a good idea in principle. Price drops the more people buy something. But how will you get all of the customers in?
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Elise1912 wrote: »
    Yeah, this reminds me of QVC selling jewellery, when they've sold 100 price drops etc.

I think you're confusing your TV shopping channels :rotfl:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure