Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Hugs to Iza and all who need them xx

Not much to report but just thought I'd check in :)
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Saw a doctor today, the letter the assessor sent him didn;t include what they decided on my medication so he said he;d get in touch with them to find out and that they should call me. They haven't. Got an appointment with some other doctor in march. So have to stay on current meds till then

Right now i just feel completely defeated. Everytime i reach out another door slams in my face. Its just utterly pointless. If it wasn't for the fact i love Swain and couldn't put him through it, i'd be ready to give up at this point. (Don't worry i'm not gonna do anything stupid, it would devastate him and i can;t do that to him or anyone else who cares about me)

They've put me forward for a bipolar educational group. They told me to ring IAPT but warned me it could be months before i'm seen. Got told to try MIND for counselling and as per usual their waiting lists are closed.

I guess i'll just have to settle for a life of mental instability :(

It's unbelievable, MU. :(

Do you feel strong enough to write to your MP about it? You are good at putting things in writing.

You could also send a copy to the Health Minister.

Plus, I would also write to the Queen. You'd be surprised at what happens when a letter to the Queen gets sent to the appropriate Minister, even though she can't personally step in.

Governments have been promising sweeping changes to Mental Health provision for decades, starting when Tony Blair became PM, but it's been same old same old.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 February 2019 at 4:08PM
    I know that generally if you feel the need to ask the question "Am I being unreasonable?" the answer is likely to be "Yes." but I'm really not sure if I am.

IzHe's mum had asked about coming up to stay a couple of weeks ago but, seeing as it would've been a couple of days after my mum ended up in hospital, we obviously said we'd have to postpone it.

She then mentioned it last Thursday, seeing if that weekend would be any good for us, but IzHe said there was too much going on as he was helping my dad with some stuff at my parents' house and I was in no fit state to have someone staying with us.

She's called him today to see if this weekend would be any good for us and he asked me if it's okay with me, stressing that I should say if it's one of those situations where I'm saying something's fine but, as soon as I put the phone down, will be wondering how he could be so inconsiderate as to ask (he knows that I'm unlikely to say no, even if I really want to)

I really can't work out if I'm justified in being slightly annoyed at being put in that position and not wanting to have her stay this weekend or if I'm being precious and should get over myself.
  • Pyxis
    Izadora wrote: »
    I know that generally if you feel the need to ask the question "Am I being unreasonable?" the answer is likely to be "Yes." but I'm really not sure if I am.

IzHe's mum had asked about coming up to stay a couple of weeks ago but, seeing as it would've been a couple of days after my mum ended up in hospital, we obviously said we'd have to postpone it.

She then mentioned it last Thursday, seeing if that weekend would be any good for us, but IzHe said there was too much going on as he was helping my dad with some stuff at my parents' house and I was in no fit state to have someone staying with us.

She's called him today to see if this weekend would be any good for us and he asked me if it's okay with me, stressing that I should say if it's one of those situations where I'm saying something's fine but, as soon as I put the phone down, will be wondering how he could be so inconsiderate as to ask (he knows that I'm unlikely to say no, even if I really want to)

I really can't work out if I'm justified in being slightly annoyed at being put in that position and not wanting to have her stay this weekend or if I'm being precious and should get over myself.
    If there is still a lot going on and you just don't feel up to it still, then you are not being unreasonable.

It seems to me that the person being a tad unreasonable, or, if not unreasonable, then insensitive, is your MIL.

If you are going to be stressed at having her over, then she wouldn't have a good time either, so much better to wait until you can all enjoy her visit.

Sometimes when you are under some stress, you just have to put yourself first.

At the moment, your mum needs all your mental effort. Your MIL should appreciate that, really.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Izadora
    Pyxis wrote: »
    At the moment, your mum needs all your mental effort. Your MIL should appreciate that, really.

In her defence, I know that she won't be offended by IzHe saying that it's best to leave it until another week.

I think that because she'd be quite happy to say no to something she doesn't want to do it doesn't necessarily register that other people find it difficult and that her asking means I end up either agreeing to something I don't want to do or feeling bad for saying no.

I'm just so scrambled at the minute that I wasn't sure whether or not I was being unreasonable by not wanting a house guest, especially one that's pretty much happy as long as she's got a sofa and a biscuit tin, but I fear that she wouldn't cope quite as well as IzHe if I have a meltdown about seemingly nothing. The other day I spent about half an hour sobbing because someone had lit a fire and the bedding that was on the line smelt smoky... :o
  • Pyxis
    Have another hug.......

((((((((((((Izzie)))))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Given what's going on in your life, I'd say not wishing to have visiting relatives is fine. You'll end up feeling split in half.

My news isn't good, went to see the doctor after work Tuesday and he said 'I want you to go to the hospital now,do not drive.' I've had a plethora of tests, the last one was an MRI of my head and I spoke with the neurology registrar a little while ago, who said they may do more tests depending on what the neurology consultant says, but the symptoms and MRI point very strongly to MS. So I'm processing that at the moment.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Ono, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out that they're wrong or, if they're not, that things go as well as they can in the circumstances.
  • Pyxis
    Given what's going on in your life, I'd say not wishing to have visiting relatives is fine. You'll end up feeling split in half.

My news isn't good, went to see the doctor after work Tuesday and he said 'I want you to go to the hospital now,do not drive.' I've had a plethora of tests, the last one was an MRI of my head and I spoke with the neurology registrar a little while ago, who said they may do more tests depending on what the neurology consultant says, but the symptoms and MRI point very strongly to MS. So I'm processing that at the moment.

Oh what a shock for you, Ono! :(

Hopefully, as Izzie says, it won't be.

A hug for you too....... (((((((((((((((Ono))))))))))))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening my Lovelies,

Hugs and handshakes and squishes all round.

Ono, So sorry to hear your news. Nothing I can say will make it better in any way. but my thoughts are with you.

Izadors, Do what suits you. I never had a life for 3 and half months when my husband was in hospital. I only missed 2 days in that time and both times he had visitors so I did not feel so bad. You have a lot to contend with. So a day at a time.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport