online is back

online is back......but is it staying :D

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nope. It's a trial. I wish i could say it was because we were fixing it. It's not - that's on the list - but not yet. We were just wondering how many people - so we've turned it on for 10 minutes to have a look

It's already nearly 700! Which is an all time record - and it would've been higher earlier
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Doh....ah well it might of been good but not if it was gonna stay blue.............................too harsh on the eye-balls :)

is that why it's sluggish at times ...............so many people :-/
  • MSE_Martin
    Yes - you'll see it got very slow just then - its the same problem - when we turn that on it slows down radically

We should be able to cope with those numebrs, but we need tweeks.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
  • aussielle
    aussielle Posts: 705 Forumite
    As the list slows the site down..could you just show the numbers?
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • MSE_Martin
    It's not the list that slows it unfortunately - it is the process of counting. It's something called file locking - techies will understand. Don't ask me

We're upgrading to a new version of yabb (all background stuff, no changes you should notice) that should fix it we hope. So maybe a month or so
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This morning I reported to the Webmaster about how slow the site is. Dispite being on broadband it is takeing upto 11 seconds to access some pages :'( its still slow :o
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will amend that 22 seconds to go from here to the Chat forum. >:(
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • MSE_Martin
    Two things went on today - we had a few little behind the scenes issues and the site has broken all traffic records.

The most visitors we've ever had to the site in a day was 31.000. Though i won't know until tomorrow - i suspect it will be nearer 40,000 today - hence the creeks and over 3000 chat forum posts

To put this in perspecitve - when we were last having issues, that was at the 15 - 20,000 per day mark! And around 1000 chat forum posts

Martin
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Congratulations Martin, this is a great website
  • wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Yeah Well done Martin! This site really is great, no wonder so many people visit!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure