It worked for us

Options
1235»

Comments

• droopsnout
    droopsnout Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Info (for what it's worth!) on its way, p-w!! :)
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
  • droopsnout
    droopsnout Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Pink,

Did you receive the long PM I sent you?
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
  • spidystrider
    spidystrider Posts: 1,246 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've only just got round to reading this. It is amazing the amount of money you managed to save Pink-winged. We are also a family with 3 children - 2 boys and a girl. We were also once living beyond our means until I pulled our belts in tight and we managed to start saving. Circumstances have changed over the years, we have more money but I find it harder to save now. Maybe it's because I don't really have to, but I hate seeing how much I've wasted at the end of the month. I am now trying really hard to be more careful and watch out for bargains. Hopefully I'll be on here months from now telling you how well I have done! :)
    Mortgage Free in 3-T2 : Started at £151,000 Nov. 2009 Mortgage Free Oct 1st 2015 :)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats pink-winged. Am going to try same. I hope you don`t think I`m being nosey asking, but at the point you started to save,were you starting with a clean slate or did you have any debts to be cleared first?
  • shanz_mum
    Options
    ia m gonna do this too save save save got a six month old baby and am on mat leave unpaid now for 5 months can't waste time now.
    thanks for the inspiration i can't believe 10,000 a way to go but worth following 8) 8) 8)
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options

i've also worked out what to save and have set up ING accounts for car, holidays, treats, christmas prezzies and also an ISA for longer term saving.

Excuse my ignorance rach but can you tell me what is a ING account??

:)
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ING direct are Internet based savings accounts. if i'm correct they're not the absolute top interest, but near, and i find them very easy to manage online as you can open loads (up to ten i think) of different accounts and give them all nicknames. ie i hvae 'car account' 'holiday account' 'treat account' 'home insurance account' etc and i just put a set sum aside in each by direct debit every month.

https://www.ingdirect.co.uk

This thread has some discussion as does this one

hope that helps :)
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks rach It looks very interesting I will look into this,Thanks for the tip ;)

Pat :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport