No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries March 2018

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm in for March too. Thanks for the new thread!

Two UUs and one TA yesterday:
    Vichy Aqualia Thermale serum, HG but trying a Superdrug one for a bit
    Max Factor mascara, time to change it
    Rimmel Colourstay mascara (the one that is supposed to dye lashes over time). Smudge central!!! TA!

Would like to reach 10UUs for March, I have a couple of items nearly there.

ideally there will be no ins for me this month . . . we'll see . . . I'm down to my last mascara, but spending Boots points doesn't count, right?

It still counts as an in if you spend your Boots points, it is just a freebie in.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    Caroline Hirons posted at the beginning of February saying they were launching in Boots on March 5th and some people on Reddit have already spotted it in their local Boots store. I hope it's good, a lot of people rave about it, but it's like £20 on Amazon and eBay so I never wanted to buy it. I'll post my thoughts when I start using it :)

I will look forward to your thoughts on this, it is unlikely that my small branch of Boots will stock it and I have too much other product to use before I can allow myself to order it in:rotfl::o
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I will look forward to your thoughts on this, it is unlikely that my small branch of Boots will stock it and I have too much other product to use before I can allow myself to order it in:rotfl::o

The Boots near work won't stock it either. I have 2 x LE C&P left but always happy to try other evening cleansers as long as they aren't foaming Ines as they dry my skin out.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

This is my first update in March

UU
    Body Shop Satsuma Hand Cream Travel Size
    Child's Farm Sensitive Body Moisturiser
    Avon Premium De Luxe Parfum Gold Blush
    Superdrug B Micellar Water
    Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Sking Protectant

Total 102
  • VALM
    I have hit pan on another shadow from my Lorac Pro Matte palette. It's called Bare and is a pale pink. Have pulled out another pink shadow to pair with it along with using my MAC shadow that I want to pan.

Have cut my primer and Tea Tree lotion containers open.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Second UU of March:

Batiste dry shampoo. WBA. Have two more in the stash.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    INs

Radox coconut bath cream

Batiste 2in1 dry shampo & conditioner - 4p on clearance from my local Superdrug!!! Last one on the shelf.

I don’t count everyday toothpaste Superdrug had OralB on clearance for 70p so got 2!

I feel like this is a public service announcement - Superdrug cotton fresh deo (the blue one) has a male fragrance but it is for women :-/
  • VALM
    xUu : Time Bomb Hand to Hand Combat hand cream. WDBA. I've used this as body lotion today as I have a massive dry spot on my breast bone and down my legs and feet. The Soap and Glory Whipped Clean is not nourishing enough. It did make that pffft sound this morning though so hopefully it's nearing the end.

Have pulled out a small tube of L'Occitane hand cream and then I'll only have a tib of Cuccio hand cream left.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    maddiemay wrote: »

I hope the Boots on the retail park where I work stock it. I may do a click and collect to pick up when I go to work next week. I'm definitely going to get the cleanser, possibly the hand cream and maybe the moisturising lotion. Caroline Hirons said they're launching with 5 or 6 items to begin with and then 7 more items are to follow soon after. I hope they bring their Cerave PM moisturiser over here as I would like to try it again. And their Salicylic Acid Cleanser and Lotion look good. I think this is the skincare addict side of me coming out :rotfl:
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Hello everyone. Thank you for the new thread sstevo19.

I was planning to do some decluttering but ended up binge watching Big Little Lies - amazing show. However, I have some UUs to report:

Merumaya Retinol Surfacing Treatment
    - I love this and have another one to UU. I am not using it at the moment though as weather is really cold and my skin feels dry already.

Merumaya Iconic Youth Serum - I liked this but not sure if it was really iconic. Perhaps my skin is already in good standing for my age? WMBA but I have other stuff to UU first.

Merumaya Luxury Facial Wash - I like this face wash. It really helped my skin with adult acne although eventually, it wasn't as effective. I will re-order at some point. I might go through some half used washes first.

A small pot of Borghese's Fango Delicato Active Mud for Delicate Dry Skin - Came with LF beauty box. It felt nice. Not drying but I think it is discontinued.

I think my stash is again under control on certain items. I don't feel like buying much anyway. I want to use some of my make-up stash by the end of this year. I will try to commit using some eyeshadows - my work face could do with some color.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport