NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Just found an e-mail a few minutes ago.......

Are you saying you received a confirmation email > 2 hours after successful application?
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Applied and got the same “we’ll send you a pack of paper” message. No email, (although when checking my junk I discovered my emails from Nationwide about my B account switch are going in there!).

Wonder why they just don’t email you the pack and you print it off?

I’m binning the Lloyds club for this, never use the cinema tickets and I was thinking of closing anyway as I moved the DDs away for something else so don’t get interest.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    After an easy peasy success yesterday, I tried to open a Select Ac online last night for OH.

It didn't go through the same process as mine did in office hours... didn't have the digi ID check... didn't have the addy from post code - had to input it longhand... didn't get the full list of jobs drop down etc.

Most importantly didn't get email saying you've been accepted.

So had another go this am and it sailed through.. as mine did yesterday. So if you get issues late on, maybe leave it until their working hours 07:30 to 20:00 (think).

I suspect after 10pm some support is taken down...
    For those that didn't get an email acceptance, you could give it a try again in office hours - worked for me - got email & text confirmations..
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really don't want to add to my collection.

Is the card reader same as Ulster bank/Tesco/Nationwide?
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    For those that didn't get an email acceptance, you could give it a try again in office hours - worked for me - got email & text confirmations..

Well meant I know but I'll hang on a few days in case I receive something before I do anything.

I know the offer may have disappeared in that time but I'd rather not (potentially) take a(nother) hit on my credit file.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Even though nothing further than being accepted I see on viewing one of my Nationwide accounts the switch away from them started yesterday. So assume they are happy with everything after NW doing their final checks.
  • copperclock
    Options
    Okay, so during the application they ask for my income and for the cost of my mortgage.

My income is £0 and my mortgage is £1100pm. My husband is the sole earner in our household.

Is that going to be an automatic fail? Shall I put the £190pm I get for Child Benefit (even though we pay it back)? Shall I put household income? Shall I put £0 for the mortgage?
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Okay, so during the application they ask for my income and for the cost of my mortgage.

My income is £0 and my mortgage is £1100pm. My husband is the sole earner in our household.

Is that going to be an automatic fail? Shall I put the £190pm I get for Child Benefit (even though we pay it back)? Shall I put household income? Shall I put £0 for the mortgage?

If your income is zero how are you going to be able to pay in 1,500 to qualify for the bonus. Also do not be tempted to fabricate the truth. If I were you ring them on their free phone number to get clarification on any points you are not clear on.

Best of luck!
  • gingercordial
    Options
    Has anyone doing an existing customer switch received any kind of communication?

I did it last night at about 7pm (so after the close of banking hours) and got to a confirmation screen, and took a screenshot of it, but have not had any kind of text or e-mail.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

IMHO you should put £190 CB and £0 for the mortgage as it's obviously paid by hubby.

Mrs B applied last night ;) and her income is £500/month (nil mortgage) and was accepted.

IMHO I do not think they care...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport