Paying off debt to freedom

Comments

• It sounds like a you’ve got a good system! I agree about still spending a bit on stuff that you see as I priority. I worry that if I cut everything out then I’ll end up slipping up a lot quicker! I just need to not decide that everything I want is a priority... Would coffees at home work out cheaper (and better for you) than red bulls? Is there a kitchen or cafe at your work that you could eat at so that your lunch doesn’t tempt you mid morning? Enjoy your date!
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 11:57PM
    Well I'm back, met her at a place 5 mins from mine - nice and easy for me!
    She was really friendly actually, not sure how I feel about it, but was fun. My main concern is the baggage that comes with it from the ex lol, otherwise I'd be so game.

I already drink coffee lol...

Apparently my blood pressure, blood sugar, and heart rate are just fine, which I was a bit unsure of given my love of sugar and caffeine. If I'm honest though, there's just something about Red Bull that gets me fired up, but I have been having pre-workout instead (expensive though)!

I work as a consultant so I'm all over, at various different offices, most are in the centre of London so the expectation is you just eat out or use the microwave. I might cut out sugar and caffeine, but I did that a few weeks back and I was such a !!!!*r to everyone :D:D

I have a crazy metabolism, if I eat below 2500 calories I start to lose weight, and since gaining muscle mass I find I'm on 3000+ a day, just maintaining, budget wise it is really tough when I want 200g+ protein (everything with protein is expensive e.g. whey powder, protein bars, protein yogurts, chicken, turkey, cottage cheese), then I try and get in my 5 portions of fruit (again fruit is soooo expensive), I take a bunch of vitamins and supplements as well (expensive). At least my body is healthy.

A typical day might look like
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 toast, 1 protein shake = 360 calories (20g carb, 14g fat, 37g protein)
    Mid Morning: 1 banana + apple = 185 calories (50g carbs, 0 fat, 1.5g protein)
    Lunch: 2 skinless chicken breasts + steamed veg + red bull = 520 calories (37.5 carb, 7.5gfat, 60g protein)
    Afternoon snack: protein shake = 100 calories (20g protein)
    Dinner: Brown pasta + Tofu + tomato sauce = 508 cals (62g carbs, 18g fat, 30g protein)
    Evening snacks: Grapes handfull (62 calories) - 16g carbs
    Skyr Yogurt Drink: 213 calories (28g carbs, 20g protein)
    Skyr Yogurt * 2 = 240 calories (28g carbs 32g protein)
    Galaxy chocolate bar = 250 calories (25g carbs, 15g fat)

I also drink 4litres of water, drink green tea, and have 1 or 2 coffees.

Total for the day 2445 calories (268g carbs, 57g fat, 204g protein) - that's a typical day.
    YOU HAVE TO EAT A LOT TO GET TO 2500 CALORIES, unless I just eat junk (which I couldn't do to myself)!!

But even then I'd want to get in an extra 500 calories somehow, so I might drink like some orange juice or something (nuts, protein cereal, tuna and sweetcorn) just to ensure I keep up the weight, or maybe some pizza lol (depends how bad I wanna be)... But if I'm honest that ends up being forced calories just because I don't wanna be weedy, so I just eat it cause I need to lol.

When you look at my diet, over a week, it's easily £60 spent. :(
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • camz2017
    edited 7 December 2017 at 1:15PM
    Got the most angry message ever from my ex today when I told her I went on a date with this girl. Sooooooooo funny, hahahahhaha!! So I did what every nice guy would do, I asked her on a second date. I just love this lol, man I'm cruel, and you know what - I don't care! :):) Screw her loool

My tinder is blowing up today, which is making me quite happy :D My tinder success rate is usually poor, must have swiped 1000s and have like 100 matches lol, but today virtually everyones a match :) Not getting much success in terms of anyone chatting to me though lol, just 2 people!

Finally got my standing order setup from my natwest to my spending debit card, so now it's all automated and I can forget about it. Natwest actually had messed up the system somehow, I've put in a complaint as it took them 7 days to fix the ability to setup standing orders, going to push them and see if they offer me compensation :) I like free money.
  • Hi Cam, I don’t normally post on others diaries but yours makes me laugh (especially the comment when you said you were angry and going for a run and may end up kicking a child and ending up in the daily mail :D)

I will subscribe when I’m not on my phone!

I’m not sure if you have addressed it, forgive me if I have, but have you addressed how you got into the 31K of debt? You seemed determined not to get into debt again but I found it helped me to figure out where my debt money went to!!
  • camz2017
    It’s a whole bunch of things but mainly just being fresh to London out of uni, rental was high, spent a lot and didn’t earn that much.

I just never really stuck to a budget, it was easier to bury my head in the sand and just spend. I genuinely thought I was able to balance my budget and I was travelling a lot with work (eg went to over 20 countries in a year often for 2+ weeks at a time, so I had over £3000 of expenses monthly, some months were 7k+. My expenses went on my credit card but so was my spending. My expenses meant my personal spending was impossible to track easily. Like if I saw £7000 on my credit card I didn’t really worry as I just thought it’ll be cleared when my expenses hit.

As the years went on my balances got bigger and bigger. As I was paying thousands back every month the credit card companies kept upping my limits.

I also used to play around a lot, lots of nights out, dates, that kind of stuff. Spent a fair bit on takeaway and eating out as well, when away with Work I wouldn’t have a kitchen and definitely went over my expenses allowances.
  • camz2017
    Interestingly every girl I’ve ever dated has always assumed when I go away with work, that I have a line of girls waiting to sleep with me at the Hilton Hotel abroad. Not sure where this idea comes from but it seems every women has the same idea embedded into them. The reality is I end up sitting in the hotel, trying to get the WiFi to work, ordering room service (usually a bad expensive burger), watching the news channel as it’s the only English option... But apparently I’m getting all the action :D
  • That’s a lot of food! I think that £60 is pretty reasonable considering how much you must be able to get for it. I can imagine it’s expensive to try and eat lunch in the middle of London... DH comes from London so whenever we visit his friends it shocks me how expensive everything seems! Well done for not getting tempted by restaurants though!
    I’m glad your date went well! Would you have invited your lady out on a second date if it wouldn’t upset your ex though? I know it’s none of my business but I wonder if you might end up with two people sending you angry messages if she finds out you didn’t really enjoy your time with her as much as she thought...
    ETA x
  • camz2017
    Where you based now out of interest? :)
    I’m glad your date went well! Would you have invited your lady out on a second date if it wouldn’t upset your ex though?
    Erm hard to say, she's stunning like seriously so attractive, but her personality isn't majorly drawing me.
    I know it’s none of my business but I wonder if you might end up with two people sending you angry messages if she finds out you didn’t really enjoy your time with her as much as she thought...
    ETA x
    Yep, sounds like the kind of situation I'd get myself into lol. In uni I was with a girl for over a year and had been seeing her best friend for around 3 months, the best mate used to be like "I feel bad" and then five mins later be stripping my clothes off lol. Women make no sense!! I'm not feeling the drama, I've had my share, so might hold off on this one - I say this as I'm currently texting her lol :) Also - I don't need the bad karma either tbh .- already got enough of that!
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    camz2017 wrote: »

I also drink 4litres of water,

How? No, seriously - how do you manage this? I force myself to drink around 2 pints of water each day.
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • camz2017
    How can you only drink 2 pints of water a day!!! Your body must be crying out for hydration omg lol.
    I just fill up either 2 big 2 litre bottles of water, or my brita filter 1litre jug a few times over the day. I have a pint of water when I wake up!! Get through another 500ml at the gym... So before 8am i've had your daily allowance. I also have a protein shake which is another 400ml of liquid.

I only pee like 2 or 3 times a day, my body is used to it :)

Going for a date in half an hour, she's cooking for me at home! Might have suggested it haha, saving the pennies at my end, and also not gotta do anything myself - what could be more perfect? Last time I did this the girl said I was too critical and hard to please because I said the texture of her mousse was weird lol. In my defence, she asked how I found it, and it was super weird texture so I was honest... She also only had cider, and all I could think of was the amount of sugar I was consuming. On a plus side she had nice bread, but that was store bought - I asked lol!

I'm so hungry, and I can eat for two people, my servings of food are usually double what most people have (e.g. I have two chicken breasts, 2 or 3 pieces of salmon, 2 fishcakes etc), so if she gives me something tiny I'm gonna be so unimpressed. Also if she's one of these girls who barely eats / moves food around on her plate, I'm gonna call her out.

Anyway, getting myself ready. dark blue jeans, skinny fit white shirt, grey blazer, hugo boss black leather watch (got it as a gift yay), black belt, black pocket square. Bit of wax in the hair, strong Tom Ford cologne :) I fancy myself right now!! :D:D

Slightly worried she looks a bit of a midget on her profile... Don't wanna be kneeling to hug her. Will report back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport