Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Aldi have upset me. They appeared to have stopped doing their sensitive toothpaste (was 55p a tube). I now have to go back to branded which is easily double the price ��

I hope it's just a temporary blip, but if not there's a Lidl equivalent at much the same price. :)
  • sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Aldi have upset me. They appeared to have stopped doing their sensitive toothpaste (was 55p a tube). I now have to go back to branded which is easily double the price ��

It's not just the sensitive they have stopped doing. They haven't had any of their own brand range at our store for a good few weeks now.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's not just the sensitive they have stopped doing. They haven't had any of their own brand range at our store for a good few weeks now.

That usually means a change of supplier - though the unfortunate increase in the sale of brands across Aldi and Lidl (negating the whole point of these stores) must inevitably mean fewer of their own product ranges.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    There's no reason why A&L should not continue to sell own brand/weird brand goods alongside branded goods. That's especially true as the chains continue to grow and continue to develop their store networks, increasing their shop-floor areas.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Doc_N wrote: »
    That usually means a change of supplier - though the unfortunate increase in the sale of brands across Aldi and Lidl (negating the whole point of these stores) must inevitably mean fewer of their own product ranges.

As the stores are often referred to as dicounters I don't see a problem with them selling brands at a good price. I've often bought their specials such as Lazy Garlic and Frylight when they have them.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Think Lidl might be bringing back there half price offers though says upto 45% off 14/15th, I'm in Scotland.

Simply sumptuous granola, berry/nutty £1.89 now 99p,
    Coconut water was £1.79 now 99p,
    Colombian roast & ground coffee £3.49 now £1.79 (the bags).

May help someone.
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    meer53 wrote: »
    i also bought the frozen dessert shots, one with mango, one with raspberries and a chocolate mousse one, i'd definitely buy them again.

I bought the boozy ones as a NY treat as I don't drink as a rule but wanted something with a little bit of alcohol. They were lovely too. Strawberry and champagne, choc orange and grand marnier and Baileys if my memory serves me correctly. Yummmmmm
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Think Lidl might be bringing back there half price offers though says upto 45% off 14/15th, I'm in Scotland.

Simply sumptuous granola, berry/nutty £1.89 now 99p,
    Coconut water was £1.79 now 99p,
    Colombian roast & ground coffee £3.49 now £1.79 (the bags).

May help someone.
    I hope so (although none of the items listed would find their way into my basket).

I took 2 mins to answer their online survey recently, and expressed a need for weekend offers to make a comeback if I am to return as a regular Saturday morning shopper. I've mostly shopped at Aldi since they were pulled.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    It's very much hit and miss as to what is in your individual Aldi store, but I saw some good Specialbuy reductions in mine (Co. Durham). A steam generator iron was down to under £25. Lots of reduced cold weather clothing items.
    I picked up a ribbed ladies' polo neck jumper for £2.99 from £5.99 - not brilliant quality, quite thin, but OK for layering on colder days.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It's very much hit and miss as to what is in your individual Aldi store, but I saw some good Specialbuy reductions in mine (Co. Durham). A steam generator iron was down to under £25. Lots of reduced cold weather clothing items.
    I picked up a ribbed ladies' polo neck jumper for £2.99 from £5.99 - not brilliant quality, quite thin, but OK for layering on colder days.

Bought one just before Xmas for £9.99 :j
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport