Mini meltdown and light bulb moment

Comments

• AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    HA! Just read my comment back on twiggy's diary, claiming to be in control of a budget knowing what I have coming in and going out. HAHAHAHAHA. Clearly, I still need to keep on top of this, my so called 'budget' in my last post is a complete mess. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • AleMrsT
    Just remembered I also owe my manager £60 for some show tickets I ordered from her, my sister and I are taking my mum and grandma to see the stage version of Ghost for mothers day, so although my sister will give me half, I need to pay my manager tomorrow. oops.
  • AleMrsT
    edited 1 March 2015 at 11:02PM
    EDIT: HAVING READ READ THIS BACK, I CAN ONLY APOLOGIES FOR HOW BADLY IT READS, I'M TOO TIRED TO DO A PROPER EDIT.

Wow, a hectic couple of days!
    I was working yesterday, but felt really out of sorts so my colleagues made me go home at 11.30, I wasn't supposed to finish until 4 and had loads of work to do.
    I have had a cough for a couple of weeks and a bit of a tight chest, but I started getting breathless yesterday and just felt completely drained with stabbing pains on the left side and aches in my shoulder.
    OH picked me up and I got straight in to bed when I got home to get some rest, our friend was coming over later so wanted to get some sleep and then feel a bit better so that I could cook for us.
    That plan went out the window. I was sleeping on an off until about 5pm, I then got up and still didnt feel great, so thought I'd run a bath, and I got all breathless again. I decided to call 111 to see if I could get an out of hours appointment or whether I should just wait until Monday. WRONG!!!! Instructions from the phone operator were to get to the urgent care centre within the hour, 'with my history, they want me to go in'. The urgent care centre at the City hospital, NOT the urgent care centre in town. UGH!! On a Saturday night!!

So we got to UCC, (I keep a record of all of my hospital letters, its' easier to keep track that way as there are so many :rotfl:) I handed the most recent letters over to the triage nurse (from my haematologist and cardiologist), and then get carted in a wheelchair straight around to majors in A&E.

ECG's, X rays, blood tests, and a transfer to the cardiology unit of the other city hospital (by ambulance - no car allowed!!) with suspected inflammation of the heart, having already had a clot in my lung ruled out!

Wrong again. No clot. No inflammation around the heart. After 9 hours at two hopsitals, 2 ECGs, 2 x rays, blood tests, a doctor, and a consultant, it is decided I have mild pleurisy, and muscle strain from coughing so much!! Mortified. :eek: OH and I got home at 3am. A&E were fantastic, I got seen very quickly considering it was a busy saturday night, we were there for nearly four hours in total, most of that time was waiting for test results and hospital transport to transfer to the other hospital. We waited soooo long there for the doctor, OH fell asleep on the floor!! We arrived at 10.30 and the Doctor didnt see me until 2.30 in the morning. Never mind, at least they were thorough (and a bit over cautious, the always panic when they see my medical notes!)

Unfortunately, we had to book our friend a hotel room (luckily at OH's hotel where he works) and we then got up at 9am this morning to have breakfast with him before his 10.30 train. OH's lovely boss wiped the room charge though, so us and friend didn't have to pay anything. :j

It is also my nieces birthday today, so we nipped in to see her after dropping our friend at the train station. OH is on a late shift today, so we came home for a nap at 12.30, and slept until 2, then I went back to my sisters for my niece's party when OH went to work. Got back at 5.30, done the ironing.

I'm still exhausted, so an early night for me, OH doesnt finish work until 11pm. :( I feel bad for him because he's on an early shift tomorrow and has to be back at work again at 7am.

Ah well. What would my life be without drama!??!

Nothing else to report, apart from we posted the zapper and webuybooks (who ironically DONT buy books) parcels, and the musicmagpie ones were collected on Saturday morning, just have to wait for the cheques.

Other than that, I'm too tired to think about spends etc. Will probably post later in the week.

Take care all. MrsT.
  • Wowzer MrsT!!!

I am so glad you are ok. I am glad the hospital were thorough because when all said and done, it is your life they are looking after.

I know how you feel about budgeting. I am the same and haven't been able to use my spreadsheet as my laptop is on the blink.

Sorry I haven't been around more. My thoughts are with you though. Good luck with the move and you are doing well. Remember, that you have already made big changes compared to before your LBM. As Twiggy said, you would not have had the savings previously and it would have all gone onto a credit card or loan. :)

Take Care

October xx
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You poor thing! I do have a complaint to make - do NOT say you're mortified that it wasn't something more serious! You were poorly and needed to get checked out and the doctors were doing their job by being so thorough. I'm sure its a pleasure for them to fear the worse and it not be as serious as they thought!

Hope you feel better soon!
    Starting again..
  • AleMrsT
    Wowzer MrsT!!!

I am so glad you are ok. I am glad the hospital were thorough because when all said and done, it is your life they are looking after.

I know how you feel about budgeting. I am the same and haven't been able to use my spreadsheet as my laptop is on the blink.

Sorry I haven't been around more. My thoughts are with you though. Good luck with the move and you are doing well. Remember, that you have already made big changes compared to before your LBM. As Twiggy said, you would not have had the savings previously and it would have all gone onto a credit card or loan. :)

Take Care

October xx
    twiggy86 wrote: »
    You poor thing! I do have a complaint to make - do NOT say you're mortified that it wasn't something more serious! You were poorly and needed to get checked out and the doctors were doing their job by being so thorough. I'm sure its a pleasure for them to fear the worse and it not be as serious as they thought!

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you both :) Feeling a lot better now, been taking ibruprofen which I'm not really supposed to take due to complications with my other medication, but they have really helped, and I've skipped my usual medication for a couple of days to eliminate the risk of a reaction and a stomach ulcer. Three days off the usual meds will not be TOO bad, as long as I am very strict in the weeks to follows. No red meat, no iron rich veggies. (people can't usually get their head around this when I say I'm anaemic, as most people assume I need iron, when its the opposite.)

Its my Wednesday day off today, just going to start sorting the spare room ready for packing and moving. I've spent the morning sorting through OH's paperwork to try and get to the bottom of who he is paying money to and what for if he's not paying an IVA, so far I've not discovered much, apart from we should probably cease payments until we can establish EXACTLY what he is paying for. :rotfl:

We are off to London this weekend for a genetics conference, all paid for, we just have to claim our travel expenses back. We go on Friday afternoon, and come back on Sunday, except the conference finishes Saturday afternoon and the hotel is only booked for one night :rotfl::eek:!!

Luckily we noticed in time, and have managed to swap the train to come back on Saturday night instead of Sunday lunch, but it has cost us an extra £72! Luckily £22 of the inital fare has been refunded, making the tickets £50, but the rest of the fare from the original journey has paid the £10 per person booking alteration fee.
    We will still be able to claim the fares back, but its just annoying that we didnt notice at the time, as we could have got the cheaper price for booking futher in advance.

At least we have a meal paid for on Friday evening, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday, so we shouldnt need to spend anything. The additional train fares are cheaper than trying to find a last second hotel room on a Saturday night!! And we have Sunday at home to chill out and relax.

OH paid the holiday balance on his CC last night, so thats £206.40 paid.

I paid my manager the £60 and am just waiting for £30 back from my sister. At least that is Mothers day sorted for my mum and grandma for £30, plus I get to see a show I really wanted to see.

I want to try and get my wedding dress sold, I've tried a few times with no joy, not sure what else to try. Its a lovely dress!
    I've also gone through my old bank statements and I have £352 worth of arranged overdraft fees on my old N OD account, not sure if I can claim these back if they were for an arranged OD, and if so, I assume the refund will go back to the account the charges were for, which I suppose is money off debts, but won't help with the flat deposit :money:

I have thought about the possibility of a DRO now the rent has increased, as I will now have £50 less of my 'available budget' according to Stepchange, so only have £21 per month available towards debt.

Not sure what is best to do......

Anyway, sorry for the long post about nothing in particular, just sharing my thoughts of the day :p

Have a lovely day, hope its as sunny where you are as it is here!
  • That's a lovely dress Mrs T. I bet you looked gorgeous on your special day.

You'll soon have everything sorted and rearranged. It just take a bit to get everything settled again.

Have a lovely day too.

October xx
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Beautiful dress. Glad to hear you're feeling better :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10549.64/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1409.88/£1500 (94% saved).
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Having read all of your thread, I think you really need to sit down with OH and work out what you are really each contributing to the monthly bills. I have a feeling that you are paying much more than he is and that is not fair. Especially if your rent is going up and his bills aren't.

Ref the dress have you got a wedding shop in your area? Maybe they will sell it for you on commission?

So sorry you were unwell, hope you are back to par soon.
    good luck with your journey
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • AleMrsT
    chevalier Thanks for stopping by, I think I'll definitely do that before we move, check through what we each pay. Hopefully now we know that his credit file is clear, having a joint account shouldnt be an issue so we could both pay in a set amount and have bills coming out of the joint account, I guess £450 - £500 each per month would be sufficient for household bil, hopefully leaving a little spare each month to build up a household emergency fund... food for thought, thank you!

So we're just packing to head to London, for our one night away (still:rotfl: at us nearly ending up stranded in the big smoke on a Saturday night!)

Looking forward to it after a bad week news wise, first there was my hospital trip on Saturday night, then I found out a lady in her mid thirties from the village passed away suddenly, she went to hospital with suspected scarlet fever on Saturday, which then developed into pneumonia, and she then deteriorated rapidly and died from septicaemia on Sunday morning, only 24 hours after walking into a&e.
    Then my friends husband got taken into hospital on Monday, and we found out yesterday that he has had a mini stroke. He is only 28.
    so my head has not really been very MSE this week!

Have a fab weekend all, and hopefully next week will be better than the last!
    MrsT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport