Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• Sibbo46
    Options
    During swap process they were very helpful, easy to get through on phone etc. can only access my online account on PC. Not ipad compatible:(. When I received notification that I could save money from energy saving club I phoned them to swap to a different tariff but was told to hang on until the full 6 months when I would receive a bill and advice on which tariff would best suit my needs. Despite providing meter reading at 6 months still no bill. When I phoned to ask for a bill I was told they were only abridged to send one out every 2 years by law - so I told them I would be moving and then they would have to provide a bill. Just looking for best tariff for me as they are hard to beat on price.
  • Hoopie1
    Hoopie1 Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    I'd feel much more assured if you could give some form of verificational link to your assertions. :)

Extra energy have never been at the top of any comparison site for me (see my earlier post in this thread)

e.g. Ovo was launched in 2009, yet by last summer still only had 350,000 customers, 50% of which they had gained within the previous 6 months
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/smallbusiness/article-2718319/Energy-upstart-Ovo-takes-Ofgem.html

First Utility was founded in 2008, yet despite "consistently high growth, which has seen a ten-fold increase in customer numbers in under three years" still only had 550,000 customers as at Sept 2014
    http://www.first-utility.com/million-account-milestone

In October 2013, "First Utility had service issues when it was inundated with more than 100,000 new customers in one month."
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2767213/Warning-waiting-times-contacting-energy-supplier-First-Utility-rise.html

(I'm pretty sure that was the time the big 6 were rocketing up their prices)

I can't tell you the source of my information due to the nature of my job. They are top and have been almost exclusively for me on MSE Cheap Energy Club. Ovo and FU have both ended their growth phases and have increased prices accordingly.

For FU, 550,000 customers is likely to equal around a million accounts.
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2015 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Personally I'd love to hear from anyone who has:

A. Had a 6-monthly bill, on time and accurate.
    Had bill yes, accurate yes, on time no had to make xamount of calls and email.

B. Had a 12-monthly bill, likewise
    I have 6months Togo.

C. Had their Direct Debit amount revised downwards and the new amount taken out.
    Iv had dd revised downwards but new amount due to be taken 7th may.

D. Left EE in debit and has had a request to pay what they owe, the right amount that is.
    No yet but I hope so.

E. Left EE in credit and had their overpayments refunded. I know only of MABLE.
    Lool only Mable so far.

blogresponse@extraenergy.com
    billing@extraenergy.com
    customercare@extraenergy.com
    feedback@extraenergy.com
    info@extraholding.com
    billinginfo@extraholding.com
  • Ollimae
    Ollimae Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2015 at 6:50AM
    Options
    We checked with compare the market and found that if we moved from Npower to ExtraEnergy we would save about £279 a year.
    We decided to switch as we were paying £85 a month direct debit and waited for the new amount to come in, thinking we'd save about £5 a week at least. We have just had an email from ExtraEnergy telling us that our direct debit will be for £80 a month!
    That means instead of saving £5 a week we are only saving £5 a month which is not what we were led to believe.
    I have emailed ExtreEnergy about this and will let you know what reply I get but if it's right we will be switching again when this deal is up.
  • Ollimae
    Ollimae Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hoopie1 wrote: »
    I can't precisely verify that figure but they are always at the top of the switching sites, hence their growth is massive and in terms of sheer size they are one of the largest independent suppliers, along with First Utility and Ovo. They are adding customers at a rate of knots.

I can assure you that in terms of accounts (so one dual fuel customer is two accounts) they'll be closer to 400,000 than 4,000.

Extra Energy were at the top of the comparison list for Compare The Market when we were looking to change suppliers and we were told we'd save £279 a year. When the direct debit came through we were only actually saving £5 a month instead of the £5 a week we expected.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2015 at 9:38AM
    Options
    Most of these direct debit related problems come from the customer not understanding the (misleading OFGEM promoted) information on the switching sites, the reason why I only use EnergyHelpLine now. If you divide your new forecast annual spend by 12 then it will give the correct DD. The £279 is the saving from the new forecast spend from your old supplier when the price increases rather than current spend. Nothing to do with ExtraEnergy at all, you are complaining to the wrong people.
  • fussypensioner
    Options
    Update: in the process of switching away from Extra Energy and have written to them advising I have cancelled the DD from 26th April, and would be happy to pay anything owed on receipt of a bill. That was 3 weeks ago and had no reply.

I have had a live chat with EDF today and they confirm that they have taken over the supply on 14th April, "we will forward the same readings that you provided to us so that you get a correct bill from Extra Energy"

Pleased the switch seems to have gone smoothly, but just waiting for a bill - I know join the Q :D
    Holding back the years...
  • Hoopie1
    Hoopie1 Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ollimae wrote: »
    Extra Energy were at the top of the comparison list for Compare The Market when we were looking to change suppliers and we were told we'd save £279 a year. When the direct debit came through we were only actually saving £5 a month instead of the £5 a week we expected.

What your direct debt is and what your usage are can be different.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Update: in the process of switching away from Extra Energy and have written to them advising I have cancelled the DD from 26th April, and would be happy to pay anything owed on receipt of a bill. That was 3 weeks ago and had no reply.

I have had a live chat with EDF today and they confirm that they have taken over the supply on 14th April, "we will forward the same readings that you provided to us so that you get a correct bill from Extra Energy"

Pleased the switch seems to have gone smoothly, but just waiting for a bill - I know join the Q :D
    This has prompted me to do the same and I have now cancelled the DD as I just don't trust them.
  • spetrie
    Options
    Only stayed with EE for just under 6 months. Cheaper to move to new deal (MSE recent big switch) than stay with EE. Did ask EE why I had no monthly bills a few months back, response was: issued every 6 months. 7 Months now and still no bill. I don't even have a final bill. No impressed with EE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure