Options

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TedTrippin wrote: »
    me 3 nights, her the rest.

I know children affect equity in house and maintenance but my question is about pre-marital things and whether or not the courts take into consideration having a child when not co-habiting. And when considering pension sharing, if they will take into account pre-2007 when I didn't co-habit.

You're way past that now. It all counts.
  • davidwood681
    davidwood681 Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    If you're going for close to 50% custody you shouldn't be paying her much anyway
  • TedTrippin
    TedTrippin Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    You're way past that now. It all counts.

So she's made my life hell and now she's going to make my old age miserable. yay :(
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So she's made my life hell and now she's going to make my old age miserable. yay :(

Just give her whatever she wants and move on. Believe me, it will be a lot less stress in the long run.
  • Comms69
    Options

Not being funny, but you chose her.

In any case, just speak to a solicitor
  • TedTrippin
    Options
    Not being funny, but you chose her.

In any case, just speak to a solicitor

Wow! So helpful.

And to be clear, NO I didn't choose her. I chose the funny, cheerful, lovely little lady I met. NOT the devious, conceited person she became.
  • Comms69
    Options
    Wow! So helpful.

And to be clear, NO I didn't choose her. I chose the funny, cheerful, lovely little lady I met. NOT the devious, conceited person she became.

I doubt she became that overnight...

Relationships fail, people change - you chose to get married. This is part of it in 42% of cases!
  • TedTrippin
    Options
    I doubt she became that overnight...

Relationships fail, people change - you chose to get married. This is part of it in 42% of cases!

No, took years.

Thanks for that insight, now I know your advice is useless.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Comms69 - not overly helpful comments. People change - sadly this often results in the breakdown of relationships.
    I'm assuming it's not at all amicable? I think you need to get some legal advice, a lot of solicitors have a free 30 minute consultation which may help.
    My understanding is that she is entitled to pension etc. depends how unpleasant she wants to get.

As someone pointed out. if you're having pretty much 50% custody make sure you are only paying the recommended CMA amount. You do need to provide for the kids when they are with you

Good luck, i hope it works out not too painful for you - divorce and money are hideous!
  • TedTrippin
    Options
    Thanks anna_1977. She's perfectly amicable when asking for 76% equity. Not so amicable when I say, "That's just too much, I won't be able to afford a house that can sleep the kids".

I'm now going down the solicitor route.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport