eBay late delivery defect removal

Options
Been given a late delivery defect for something that was sent on 27th Feb with forecast delivery of 1st - 2nd March. Newspaper articles on 1st March for the area show all schools closed due to blizzards

Item was low value large letter so no tracking. Have sent an email but wondered whether anyone had managed to get one removed ?
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Might be worth ringing CS to ask their opinion?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been given a late delivery defect for something that was sent on 27th Feb with forecast delivery of 1st - 2nd March. Newspaper articles on 1st March for the area show all schools closed due to blizzards

Item was low value large letter so no tracking. Have sent an email but wondered whether anyone had managed to get one removed ?

I'd use live chat, sometimes they seem almost reasonable at removing these lates, you just have to get lucky.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem but live chat doesnt seem to be an option, only a phone call so I have sent an email asking politely and given the circumstances whether the defect could be removed. Charlies_mum how did you get on?
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Techno wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem but live chat doesnt seem to be an option, only a phone call so I have sent an email asking politely and given the circumstances whether the defect could be removed. Charlies_mum how did you get on?

I'm not getting the live chat or phone option. Under "Removing a defect" I just have send an email or ask the community. No reply to my email yet.

Just had another message from someone asking if I have posted something they bought on 28th Feb. It was posted 1st March second class so can see another late delivery coming.

Did these people not see the weather reports ? Royal Mail obviously has a massive backlog they are trying to clear.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Did these people not see the weather reports ? Royal Mail obviously has a massive backlog they are trying to clear.

Yes, but if the buyer looks out of their window and they have no snow, obviously there is no problem anywhere else in the country.
    :wall:

These are the same people that are taken by surprise by Christmas every year. :lipsrseal
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    As a buyer I always take external factors into account, but without confirmation of despatch date I'm in the dark as to how long a wait is reasonable.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    As a buyer I always take external factors into account, but without confirmation of despatch date I'm in the dark as to how long a wait is reasonable.

The buyer will have received a despatch date once the seller marks as despatched. Unfortunately, eBay have made no allowance for the weather conditions and have continued to forecast unrealistic delivery dates

Any buyer who confirms late delivery has no concept of the impact the snow had, even if their area was clear.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    And another "where is my item", that's three in one day

Surely eBay should see there's a problem and suspend the late delivery defect. I've had more in one day than in the past 6 months.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And another "where is my item", that's three in one day

Surely eBay should see there's a problem and suspend the late delivery defect. I've had more in one day than in the past 6 months.

I'm surprised I don't have any yet, I am watching my dashboard like a hawk.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The buyer will have received a despatch date once the seller marks as despatched. Unfortunately, eBay have made no allowance for the weather conditions and have continued to forecast unrealistic delivery dates

Any buyer who confirms late delivery has no concept of the impact the snow had, even if their area was clear.

Marking as despatched doesn't always means despatched though. It can mean label printed and taken to the PO a couple of days later.

Which is why I always re-confirm date if there is an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure