NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• badger09 wrote: »
    It really does seem to be a bit hit & miss whether an account is opened immediately or not, whether you're asked to upload ID, or not, whether you get email or not etc etc.

I found opening an account was possibly the most pain free I've known to do, so far. Very nice having my account number and sort code immediately.
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Easiest switch application for an incentive that I've done :money:

Halifax is certainly the quickest I've had a bonus pay out from initial application. This rates highly on getting an account set up and a switch in progress, but until I have the bonus, I couldn't say how good it is for the complete process.

Marks and Spencer's rate the worse. Applied on 2nd Jan. Today I got paperwork asking for a signature to send back, before my account would be opened. In this day and age that's actually ridiculous.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I found opening an account was possibly the most pain free I've known to do, so far. Very nice having my account number and sort code immediately.
    Does the new account show online for you? Mine doesn't yet. I opened it on Friday evening. I got my account number but no emails or secure messages. No confirmation for my switch request, either, as of yet.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I just tried to apply and received a message saying the service is temporarily unavailable please try later.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After uploading my ID at approx 4pm on Friday I’ve heard nothing since. I know it’s a weekend so didn’t expect much but I at least expected something to say they are fine and have been accepted.

Last time I opened an account with them it was instant!
  • Yes, you get straight to step 2 of login :)

Thank you.Still nervous of the whole set up.

Can't imagine this incentive will last much longer They must have been inundated.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Marks and Spencer's rate the worse. Applied on 2nd Jan. Today I got paperwork asking for a signature to send back, before my account would be opened. In this day and age that's actually ridiculous.
    At the moment that is my experience of NatWest - although I've not had to wait 12 days for the paperwork (yet).

As an existing customer applying via online banking I've been told my signature is required to confirm that I do actually want to open a current account with them, and yes, they kindly confirmed they do already have my signature on file from when I opened a savings account with them. :huh:

As others have said, the process is a bit hit and miss. The same can be said for most banks, I found M&S to be one of the quickest.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • colsten wrote: »
    Does the new account show online for you? Mine doesn't yet. I opened it on Friday evening. I got my account number but no emails or secure messages. No confirmation for my switch request, either, as of yet.

Yes. I've had customer number, which was displayed at time of applying, and can login with the pin I set up, again at time of application. Can see the test payment I made in. Switch should be done on 19th.
  • Just wondered if anyone knows what would happen if I switch a sole account for this reward then switched a joint account?
    Would I get the reward for the sole switch then my partner still be eligible for a reward when switching the joint? If not does anyone know if hsbc, first direct or m&s would honour both.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just wondered if anyone knows what would happen if I switch a sole account for this reward then switched a joint account?
    Would I get the reward for the sole switch then my partner still be eligible for a reward when switching the joint? If not does anyone know if hsbc, first direct or m&s would honour both.
    You could be lucky if she was first named on the joint (remember, she'd also need to be first named on the account being switched).

But why risk it? Much safer to get them to switch a sole too. Or at the very least, ask NatWest...not random strangers on the internet. :)

Can't answer for the other banks from experience, but I'd suggest the same approach as above.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

I'm glad its been so easy for some, but definitely not for others - me included:(

I got another email, well 2 exactly the same actually 30 minutes apart, telling me about my customer number, despite all the previous emails bearing a different customer number:cool:

I'm still a little concerned over the 'your address & mobile number have been changed' messages:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure