2018 - RULE OF 3 Decluttering challenge

Comments

• I have filled two bags for charity, last count I was up to 21 items but have added more since. Going to have a good go at the weekend.

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Hello all :)

Just catching up with everyone. I had an epic decluttering day a few days ago and managed to declutter 53 items from the boxes we moved in with as well as chucking out lots of stuff just for the dump that I didn't count. I also cs three bags of baby clothes but just counted them as one item each as I didn't want to have to unpack all of the bags. It really does become a bit addictive doesn't it! Unfortunately my mum snagged my cs bags and took them back to hers whilst I was out with the kids. I'm a bit worried that I will be seeing all of the stuff I've chucked out again as shes worse than me at getting rid of stuff!

I've also had the shock of my life and its really woken me up to how much stuff that I just keep when I don't have to. I went back to the house we sold to pick up the mail and the new owner let me have a quick look at how they had changed it. It was beautiful and there was no clutter at all! I couldn't believe how lovely it looked. To think if I'd had left stuff it might have looked that nice when we were there. I've spent so long just sifting through stuff since we moved in and I could have redecorated if I'd not had to do all that. I am determined to make a difference this year and have a beautiful house by this time next year :)
    Sealed pot challenge 2019 = #82
    Jan 2019 Grocery Challenge = £0/£260
    Declutter 2019 items in 2019! = 0/2019
    Frugal living challenge 2019 =
  • Had a good day yesterday clearing out the bathroom cabinet, so many half used/out of date medicines and half used bottles of cleansers. All got sorted into either the bin, recycling or to take down to the chemist to get rid of.
    Today I found another 14 items to take to the charity shop and I've now got a big pile that needs listing on ebay.
    £10 a day challenge £349.01/£3650
    Declutter 97/1095
    Weight Loss 10/81 lbs
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Had a good day yesterday clearing out the bathroom cabinet, so many half used/out of date medicines and half used bottles of cleansers. All got sorted into either the bin, recycling or to take down to the chemist to get rid of.
    Today I found another 14 items to take to the charity shop and I've now got a big pile that needs listing on ebay.

Sounds like you have been very busy...

I have been naughty and not done any today but its the first time I have even had chance to sit down as its been so hectic so I am going to catch up tomorrow
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • haybel19
    Hello all :)

Just catching up with everyone. I had an epic decluttering day a few days ago and managed to declutter 53 items from the boxes we moved in with as well as chucking out lots of stuff just for the dump that I didn't count. I also cs three bags of baby clothes but just counted them as one item each as I didn't want to have to unpack all of the bags. It really does become a bit addictive doesn't it! Unfortunately my mum snagged my cs bags and took them back to hers whilst I was out with the kids. I'm a bit worried that I will be seeing all of the stuff I've chucked out again as shes worse than me at getting rid of stuff!

I've also had the shock of my life and its really woken me up to how much stuff that I just keep when I don't have to. I went back to the house we sold to pick up the mail and the new owner let me have a quick look at how they had changed it. It was beautiful and there was no clutter at all! I couldn't believe how lovely it looked. To think if I'd had left stuff it might have looked that nice when we were there. I've spent so long just sifting through stuff since we moved in and I could have redecorated if I'd not had to do all that. I am determined to make a difference this year and have a beautiful house by this time next year :)

What fab motivation... and a great visual reminder of what you can achieve.

Sounds like you have been very busy getting rid of so many items :j

• haybel19
    I have filled two bags for charity, last count I was up to 21 items but have added more since. Going to have a good go at the weekend.

XXXX

Great job.

I am going to catch up at the tomorrow and at the weekend too- today has been so hectic I've barely had chance to catch my breath much less sit down.

• Hi all, hope you don’t mind me joining in. Was writing on a similar thread in the old style board but I’m on the debt free boards more often so more likely to post.

I have a huge amount of stuff to declutter and sell so need to get myself motivated. Got about 20 items already to post in selling sites and two bags ready to sent to the cash for clothes. Also prepping some boxes for carboot season which I love but need to be more ruthless with anything that does not sell as I tend to keep it and just cart back and forth to car boots in the hope it will sell eventually.

I will have a decluttered and tidy house this year and hopefully help pay off the debts whilst I’m at it xx
    #030 Sealed Pot 2019 Challenge - Declare 31st Oct
    #064 Pay debts by Xmas 2019 Challenge - £3390/ £3390 :money:
    #015 £2 savers club 2019 - target £200
  • haybel19
    Hi all, hope you don’t mind me joining in. Was writing on a similar thread in the old style board but I’m on the debt free boards more often so more likely to post.

I have a huge amount of stuff to declutter and sell so need to get myself motivated. Got about 20 items already to post in selling sites and two bags ready to sent to the cash for clothes. Also prepping some boxes for carboot season which I love but need to be more ruthless with anything that does not sell as I tend to keep it and just cart back and forth to car boots in the hope it will sell eventually.

I will have a decluttered and tidy house this year and hopefully help pay off the debts whilst I’m at it xx

Lovely to have you of course you can join us. I like doing carboots too but didn't do many last year what with one thing and another.

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello,

didn't do any decluttering last night. Might go through my wardrobe tonight.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • haybel19
    Another few bits found and eliminated- have started another bag ready for charity shop- hopefully fill it over the course of the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business