Landline problems - openreach fault

Options
I discovered that we had no phone line for at least 2 days last week. Didnt realise straight away until i wanted to make a call. It was fixed the next day. Then this morning mum tried to ring me to wish me happy birthday. She couldnt get through so left me a message. I raised the issue again and appears its a similar problem as last time. So is this acceptable.
I asked plusnet my provider if i could complain and they said there is no point, as you cant contact Openreach. So i said how many times does this have to happen before i am entitled to complain and he said oh it needs to be a lot more serious.
I am glad i am not an older person on my own with the landline as my sole use of communication.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You complain to your provider OR is not a public facing company .
    The problem you post and its repair time is way below the complaint threshold .
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    She couldnt get through so left me a message.
    If she couldn't get through how did she leave you a message?
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it is the "1571" service, the recording equipment is at the telephone exchange.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, the last time my landline went faulty it took OR about a week to fix, and that was apparently due to a cancelled job. The time before that it was about 2 weeks but that was about 8 years ago. My last issue was apparently at the telegraph pole (blown fuse?) , and the one before we had to have the line replaced between the pole and our house as it was corroded. I'm with PlusNet and they did their bit to help me so wouldn't want to complain. To be fair, if you didn't realise for 2 days that it wasn't working, then hardly a great loss? Seems odd that the same problem would occur twice if it's supposed to be fixed.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    If she couldn't get through how did she leave you a message?

She text me on my mobile
  • paul2louise
    Options
    Land line is totally dead and broadband is dead too. I am using wifi at coffee shop. I wouldn't mind but a bit cheesed off that this is stuff I am trying to sort on my birthday
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    She text me on my mobile
    Never thought to ring you on the mobile when she found the landline dead, sounds about right for my mother.:D
  • paul2louise
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Never thought to ring you on the mobile when she found the landline dead, sounds about right for my mother.:D

We are both busy today and we spoke last night. She was just giving me a quick ring before she left. As she couldn't get thro she just sent me a quick message.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    The fault repair level depends on what you want to pay for (and what your provider resells from Openreach). If you are with BT Retail, you can pay an extra £12 per quarter for Total Care and get a guaranteed 24/7 fault reporting and fix within 24 hours.

BT may also offer a free upgrade to Total Care if you have a telecare alarm.

If you pay for BT Business line, you can pay £22.68 per quarter for Critical Care and get guaranteed fix within 6 hours.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure