All the single ladies vs 145k

Comments

• zackyv6661 wrote: »
    Well done you forcing yourself to go for a run - getting healthier this year is one of my resolutions, but I'm not a runner at all! lol So I'm impressed by your determination! :T

I'm definitely not a natural :rotfl: Being healthy is a great resolution, have you decided what you're going to do yet? Taking care of yourself is so important. I think I'm going to steal your resolution,,
    ninnoodle wrote: »
    Well done - positive changes and all for the better. It is hard to drag your a£^e out on a cold January morning so you can be proud :T I went to a circuits class and came back and sank into a lovely hot bath with a bath bomb I'd got for Christmas - total bliss! :) How was the casserole?

Ah thanks. I just need to keep it up now. Circuits are really hard, I did a class back in my 20s, so good for you, you must be a lot fitter than I am. I think having a lovely bath is the perfect reward for putting yourself through that.

The sausage casserole was really spicy and tasty. I browned the sausages beforehand but they went too soft, I think the low cooking time for 8 hours was waaay too long for my slow cooker. Next time I will do 6 hours and add them half way through. I will also make a veggie bean version minus sausages to be a bit healthier and cheaper. I love beans. I had four portions left over that are in the freezer. I've got the slow cooker on again now with Thai green curry.:) I realised I had lots of stir-fry veg that needs using up, usually that would have ended up in the bin. :( I think I'm going to be a slow cooker convert very soon. By tonight I will have all of next weeks evening meals done, that is amazing!
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • Good going with casserole. Did you follow a recipe or just wing it? You'll notice the costs starting to drop soon as the early spend on pantry stuff starts to ease off.

Also, congrats on the exercise. Nice to get those first outings out of the way. I've got my road bike ready for winter, but it was pretty icy around here today, so gave it a miss. I could do with getting out soon, though.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on the batch cooking, it will be so nice at the end of a long day to have a healthy hm ready meal waiting.
    You’ve made so many positive changes already - you’re going to have a great year 😁 xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • I'm definitely not a natural :rotfl: Being healthy is a great resolution, have you decided what you're going to do yet? Taking care of yourself is so important. I think I'm going to steal your resolution

Feel free to steal it! :rotfl:
    I need to lose weight anyway, but I just want to focus on making my diet much healthier, as I am constantly full of aches and pains and my diet is really awful right now! And I want to gradually get fitter this year too, as I just don't do enough exercise at the moment. I'm lucky if I am exercising for more than 30 minutes every day. Desk jobs are evil that way :(
    Credit Card: £5350 (£5210 remaining)
    Overdraft: £1498.68
    Loan 1: £5000 (£2252.26 remaining)
    Loan 2: £1656.90 - PAID!! :j
    Very: £703.97 (£553.97 remaining)
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge: £291.51/£2018
  • ninnoodle
    ninnoodle Posts: 433
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ah thanks. I just need to keep it up now. Circuits are really hard, I did a class back in my 20s, so good for you, you must be a lot fitter than I am. I think having a lovely bath is the perfect reward for putting yourself through that.

The sausage casserole was really spicy and tasty. I browned the sausages beforehand but they went too soft, I think the low cooking time for 8 hours was waaay too long for my slow cooker. Next time I will do 6 hours and add them half way through. I will also make a veggie bean version minus sausages to be a bit healthier and cheaper. I love beans. I had four portions left over that are in the freezer. I've got the slow cooker on again now with Thai green curry.:) I realised I had lots of stir-fry veg that needs using up, usually that would have ended up in the bin. :( I think I'm going to be a slow cooker convert very soon. By tonight I will have all of next weeks evening meals done, that is amazing!

It's been so icy here it's been impossible to go out for a run. I've been going to the classes at the sports centre instead. It is great - for £20 a month I have full use of the pool, gym and all classes which I think is super value. I've moved to a new area where I know no one so this is a great way for me to meet people (as I don't have kids and work from home so this can be quite isolating). I do love exercise and the benefits are immense.
    Oh the slow cooker is great - I am now a total convert too! It is so fine to have your dinners all cooked and ready, just waiting to be heated up every evening. Right now I've got lentil soup on the go - got a bag of YS parsnips (29p) and bag of Aldi carrots (25p) :money: along with a pile of lentils and stock and seasoning - smells great and will last me for the week for either lunches or tea. Tonight I'm going to make a lamb curry in it :drool: I love beans as well and am making a three bean chilli for this weekend when my veggie friend is coming to stay.
  • pinkypig wrote: »
    Well done on the batch cooking, it will be so nice at the end of a long day to have a healthy hm ready meal waiting.
    You’ve made so many positive changes already - you’re going to have a great year 😁 xx

Ah thanks very much, I need to make this great year happen by keeping it up. :)
    Cicatriz wrote: »
    Good going with casserole. Did you follow a recipe or just wing it? You'll notice the costs starting to drop soon as the early spend on pantry stuff starts to ease off

I combined a couple of different recipes, it was easy and I have the second batch cooking right now. The Thai curry was less successful but it's alright.
    ninnoodle wrote: »
    I've been going to the classes at the sports centre instead. It is great - for £20 a month I have full use of the pool, gym and all classes which I think is super value.

Tonight I'm going to make a lamb curry in it :drool: I love beans as well and am making a three bean chilli for this weekend when my veggie friend is coming to stay.

£20/month is really cheap for all that! It's true that exercise makes you feel a lot better. I feel a bit demoralised by how much fitness I have lost, I don't think I've ever been this unfit. Oh and I'm 10 pounds heavier so I look terrible too. :rotfl: All fixable with the slow cooker and running. Ooh and three bean chilli is a great idea, I think I will try that next.

I have given in and ordered a microwave, I know I need to make things easy for myself. I have a tiny kitchen and spent ages looking for something that will fit difficult space. So I have spent a lot more than I wanted to....but will be fully equipped for easy proper meals after work soon. Hopefully I will see the MSE benefits, it's cost a fortune so far :rotfl:
  • You're getting there. Not everything I make is successful, although I've only made a couple of things of the past five years that were complete disasters.

I'm thinking of getting a microwave oven to replace the plain microwave I've got. That was a freebie off my cousin when I got my house as he didn't need it anymore. I quite often have my oven to heat just a few slices of garlic bread or naan. Hoping it might save some cash and electric in the long run. Have to keep thinking about the long game ;)

The microwave is great though. Heat some food from frozen in 5-7 mins while some pasta/rice cooked in 10-15 mins. Decent dinner in 15 minutes or lesss :)
  • Eight more portions of sausage casserole area ready for the freezer and I dragged myself for a 25mins solo run. I don't know who I am any more...
  • ninnoodle
    ninnoodle Posts: 433
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :T:T
    Eight more portions of sausage casserole area ready for the freezer and I dragged myself for a 25mins solo run. I don't know who I am any more...

:T Awesome, well done you! You're doing great!
  • ninnoodle wrote: »
    :T:T

:T Awesome, well done you! You're doing great!
    Thanks very much. :D I am feeling so much more positive after the glums of last year. I feel like things are under control and that is nice.

I stole pinkypig's present idea today, stocked up on xmas cards, lovely wrapping paper and boots gifts. Wrapping paper was only 38p, down from £2 and will last me ages as I bought 9 packs. I spent a fair bit in total with the boots things but I've made a good head start on pressies for this year. Being this organised feels amazing. :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family