Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Are these HEXB? cant find on app, thought i'd try for a change and try to have hexb if so

100_8139_1.jpg
    Doesn't look like it, but only 1 syn each
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    I've just realised it is exactly a year today since I joined SW!
    I went to a group for the first 3 months, and then relied on the support of everyone on this thread (thank you, all).

So in that year:
    I've lost 3 st (but regained 2lb over Christmas)
    I've lost 2/3 dress sizes and look better in my clothes
    I feel generally healthier
    My knees don't hurt daily
    I can walk uphill without a struggle
    I'm easily getting my '5 a day' every day, usually more
    I'm eating food I enjoy and I'm only hungry if I miss a meal
    My tastes have changed and, with the exception of chocolate, are healthier
    I've saved money by planning meals and not buying rubbish
    OH has lost half a stone too!

If anyone had told me I'd be able to do this for a whole year (with the occasional lapse!) I wouldn't have believed it. I've still a few lbs to go but I'll do it.

I know I could be preaching to the converted but this does work. Stick with it, those just starting out. It gets easier and becomes 'normal' eventually.

Happy SW birthday. Yesterday was mine.
    In that year I have lost 4 stone but gained 7lb back over Christmas and gone down 3-4 dress sizes.
    Can't say I'm feeling healthier, but that aint down to the weight.
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Maman - no need to have all your Healthy Extra if you don't fancy it, but my consultant says to try not to miss having full HEA/HEB regularly as it's there for a reason - ie for calcium and fibre respectively.

Esmy - at 2 cals I'd say it's free -the brand name one is called Beanies and there are several flavours, including a Bailey's one! all of which are Free.

Bubbs - the wholemeal Crackerbreads used to be 6 for HEB but not any more. The original ones you've got have never been HEB (since I've been a member anyway) and they are 1 syn each.

Kathryn - it's a shame you didn't really like your beef stew. What was wrong with it?

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    I've just realised it is exactly a year today since I joined SW!
    I went to a group for the first 3 months, and then relied on the support of everyone on this thread (thank you, all).

So in that year:
    I've lost 3 st (but regained 2lb over Christmas)
    I've lost 2/3 dress sizes and look better in my clothes
    I feel generally healthier
    My knees don't hurt daily
    I can walk uphill without a struggle
    I'm easily getting my '5 a day' every day, usually more
    I'm eating food I enjoy and I'm only hungry if I miss a meal
    My tastes have changed and, with the exception of chocolate, are healthier
    I've saved money by planning meals and not buying rubbish
    OH has lost half a stone too!

If anyone had told me I'd be able to do this for a whole year (with the occasional lapse!) I wouldn't have believed it. I've still a few lbs to go but I'll do it.

I know I could be preaching to the converted but this does work. Stick with it, those just starting out. It gets easier and becomes 'normal' eventually.
    :T:T:T well done
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it, but only 1 syn each

Awww boo :( dont llike using syns like that:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Kathryn - it's a shame you didn't really like your beef stew. What was wrong with it?

Think it was me not the stew, because husband and daughter both liked it. Feeling rather ikky. Low iron, very low blood pressure and absolutely knackered :(
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Maman - no need to have all your Healthy Extra if you don't fancy it, but my consultant says to try not to miss having full HEA/HEB regularly as it's there for a reason - ie for calcium and fibre respectively.

Esmy - at 2 cals I'd say it's free -the brand name one is called Beanies and there are several flavours, including a Bailey's one! all of which are Free.

Bubbs - the wholemeal Crackerbreads used to be 6 for HEB but not any more. The original ones you've got have never been HEB (since I've been a member anyway) and they are 1 syn each.

Denise
    Thanks, have a nice Holiday btw x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Awww boo :( dont llike using syns like that:rotfl:

Totally with you on that. I like to feel I've had something either really taster, or really bad when I use my syns :rotfl:
    Zebras rock
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Another day of low blood pressure today, but working from home, so more control over what I eat.
    Need some low/no syn, long shelf life, little prep, high salt foods in my locker at work so that I have more control over what I eat to deal with it. Thinking Naked Noodles. I know they are now syned, but I wouldn't have them often. If anyone has any other suggestions, please suggest.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - egg, bacon (technically not allowed but it's salty) and asparagus
    Lunch - steak (yes iron is low too) and salad
    Dinner - beef stew

HA - milk
    HB - probably will use some to thicken stew
    Syns - probably some salad dressing
    Salted nuts (would be your hexb I think but worth it as they last for ages).
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Salted nuts (would be your hexb I think but worth it as they last for ages).

Nut allergy :(
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    Options
    Totally with you on that. I like to feel I've had something either really taster, or really bad when I use my syns :rotfl:

Totally agree:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure