Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• longforgotten
    Options
    Received the letter today from Countrywide putting their price up by 8ppl

Anyone else received the same letter !?
  • Poundnote
    Options
    I have a 2,200 litre tank with Calor and they will fill the tank until it registers full on their delivery meter.
    The delivery note will show "full"
    Full is deemed to be 87% of the tank capacity.
    This equates to a full tank holding 2200 x 87% = 1,914 Litres.
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, my tank according to its rating label is 2230l capacity. Do look at yours, it will tell you the age of the tank as well. In 20 years, the most I have ever had supplied is 1860l.
    I can't help thinking there is room for some shenanigans, here .. it is funny how the temperature adjustment always, without fail, results in more being charged for than was actually supplied. And who knows how accurate the supply metering really is? Still, although the sales people are usually sharks who will say anything, the various engineers I have dealt with were good, efficient and knowledgeable. So most likely supply is all above board
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    I can't help thinking there is room for some shenanigans, here .. it is funny how the temperature adjustment always, without fail, results in more being charged for than was actually supplied. And who knows how accurate the supply metering really is?
    It's all automatic, built into the truck's delivery equipment. Sure, it could be "wrongly" calibrated, but what you seem to be suggesting is widespread illegality...
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    but what you seem to be suggesting is widespread illegality...

.. selective quoting, aren't you? Did you miss the "the various engineers I have dealt with were good, efficient and knowledgeable. So most likely supply is all above board " bit?

Don't be so quick to jump down folks' throats
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JerryW wrote: »
    .. selective quoting, aren't you? Did you miss the "the various engineers I have dealt with were good, efficient and knowledgeable. So most likely supply is all above board " bit?
    And you clearly didn't bother to read the rest of my post.

The only way anything like your suggestion can happen, lame caveat or not, is if there is widespread systematic fraud in the "calibration" of the automatic delivery equipment on the trucks.
  • ScreamingDead
    Options
    I renewed my contract with Extra Fuel in September @ 31p per litre (an increase of 2p from the old contract). I've just gone to place an order and there is a note on the web site as follows.

NOTE: With immediate effect, your LPG rate will be surcharged by 5p per litre. We understand any increase will be unwelcome and we apologise. The cost of LPG has increased significantly in the last few months and although we have made every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers we are unable to continue absorbing them alone. We will continue to closely monitor the market and will reduce the price when it is possible to do so.

Has anyone managed to negotiate their way out of this surcharge or are all LPG retailers adding a similar cost because of the wholesale price increase?
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I renewed my contract with Extra Fuel in September @ 31p per litre (an increase of 2p from the old contract). I've just gone to place an order and there is a note on the web site as follows.

Has anyone managed to negotiate their way out of this surcharge or are all LPG retailers adding a similar cost because of the wholesale price increase?

Mine certainly hasn't. See my post #2981 at the top of this page. It's been 30ppl for the past 2 1/2 years.
  • macman54
    Options

NOTE: With immediate effect, your LPG rate will be surcharged by 5p per litre. We understand any increase will be unwelcome and we apologise. The cost of LPG has increased significantly in the last few months and although we have made every effort to reduce the impact of these increases to our customers we are unable to continue absorbing them alone. We will continue to closely monitor the market and will reduce the price when it is possible to do so.

I have just ordered a delivery from Extra Fuel, my contract started in August, with a price of 31.5 pence, today I paid 36.5p because of the surcharge.

Just shows that contract prices mean nothing, and they can increase the price at will.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    macman54 wrote: »
    I have just ordered a delivery from Extra Fuel, my contract started in August, with a price of 31.5 pence, today I paid 36.5p because of the surcharge.

Just shows that contract prices mean nothing, and they can increase the price at will.

At the end of the day a contract is a contract, and can e enforced in the court
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback