PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    oops - did a very big shop in c0stc0 - doh! but at least we got a couple of chrimbo pressies sorted and lots of stuff for stores too. *sigh*
    Blah
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Just dug out my receipt from the other day - have spent £65.12 of my £200 budget so far but managed to get most of the meat needed for this month so it should be plain sailing from here on providing I don't cave to the takeaway cravings, so far so good!
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    XSpender wrote: »

Is it too late to make a Christmas cake?
    No, it's never too late to make a Christmas cake. I've heard of people baking, marzipanning (?) and icing a cake all on Christmas Eve! You just won't have as long to 'feed' it if that's what you usually do.
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Evening all
    Finally getting around to reporting my spends for the weekend.
    49.90 spent in Mr M's on Friday evening, but lots of ys meat so freezer pretty full.

Spent a fiver in !celand yesterday on frozen lasagne and bits for dessert and drink. Not very OS I know but had been christmas shopping all afternoon and was absolutely bushed! So it was either ready made lasagne or take away :o.

roasted a joint of whoopsied pork for tea tonight and still loads left, it will do at least 2 more meals I think and only cost 2.15 so feeling quite pleased with myself:j
    NS day today and hopefully tomorrow too!
    December G/C 172.85/250
    Dec NSD's 10/8:j
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have been a very good girl today and have done my first lot of batch cooking :A! I used half a pack of leftover bacon, a bag of lentils, 500g mince, 500g of paneer and 500g chicken (and assorted flavourings, bits of veg, etc) to make 2 meals of bolognese sauce, 3 curries, a vat of soup (mostly eaten now) and a rather large shepherds pie that will probable do 2 meals - all for 4, and we're greedy :o! Hubby spent 90p on a baguette to mop up the soup today but he managed to avoid any other temptation! :D
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all, went to Asda yesterday and spent £30.93 on leg of lamb (Xmas day) .....joint of beef for today and meals in the week ....a jar of cinnamon....jar of mixed spice ,just off to make a spice loaf in my new bread maker :-)
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    OMGoodness, so this week I decided to pay Mr A to deliver my shopping because its so cold & wet and I was buying lots of tins, jars & bottles, all the heavy stuff, well the shopping arrived with all my tins, jars & bottles missing ! :eek: The driver told me I could have a refund, no way, the whole point of paying was so that I didn't have to do all the heavy stuff in this dreadful weather. Anyway it all finally arrived at 6pm! :T

This morning I've been online to transfer the money to find that the TV licence has come out, Id forgotten all about that :mad:
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • Good morning!

Just one shopping trip for me to report from over the weekend. I went to L1dl and spent £4.38 which consisted of 3kg of tomatoes (on offer atm for £1 per kg) and two cucumbers (69p each).

Total: £4.38/£200.00
  • Spent £2.50 this morning on milk and some cheese. Don't get paid until tomorrow so will do a big shop either then or later in the week
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all i really do need to keep up with this thread this month, my budget is £300, but i'm hoping to come in around £150 or less, so today i've had £4 to school for the kids snacks, yesterday i £6.87 in tesco, i'm trying to eat out of the freezer and keep spends low.

Total so far £10.87/£300
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills