PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• just been to tescos and got a 30pence everyday value white chocolate bar .. it says 95cal per four squares /one stripe it did taste quite nice but i have not had choc for such a while:wink::wink:
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    december will have to be another £250 month as we are entertaining NYE and hosting for my b'day and the husbands b'day so it's likely to be an expensive one but to balance we're having a fair few meals out too thru the month which wont come out of this budget :) good luck everyone! xx
    Blah
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    First spend today was around £42 at aldi but got lots (no nappies :T hurrah dd) and should keep us in check till after the weekend. Kiddies got some treats as apparently I am mean lol so they will be happy. Broccoli was only 39p, and cucumber too! Think I got everything I wanted, except the moist toilet tissue / wipe things that the little ones find it easier to use.

I also bought a soup from the canteen at work cos I forgot to get some out of the freezer last night. It was £1.15 :eek: so I'll just round my spends up to £45.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Came home from college tonight to no tea:(. DH was supposed to put jacket pots in but couldn't find them! So I had to turn around and go back out to the chippy. £5.60 spent.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • I had a quick shop at Sainsbugs to grab a tin of sweeties down from £5 to £3.99 but also had a yearning to have some mashed neeps with my Shepherds Pie tonight, however I did have a price match coupon for 0.79p – swede cost 0.63p - so in my world I didn’t spend anything from my grocery budget and only spent £3.83 from my Chrissy budget on the chocs – nice one, so today going down as a NSD :D
  • Please can you put me down as £700. Thank you
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,842
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just popping on to say armchairexpert - so sorry for your loss. Losing someone close puts a lot of things into perspective. Sending (((hugs))) to you and your family :)

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Good morning all

Little update, spent yesterday as I went into Tesco Express as we needed Milk but spent £6.19 :eek: decided to treat OH because he pulled an all-nighter for work Tuesday night and then took care of little-one all day long! so thats a total of £104.19/£200.

Hopefully that will be all we need this week! :A
    Debt Amount: £12,000 = Loan
    DFD: Unplanned
  • Not adding any spends on here till the 1st but to get my budget in let's say £160 again. Confident I can come under as have done the past two months but with xmas and all the tasty extras out there......

Big shop planned on Saturday so will be back to update after that!
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    So i will start my December spends today, should be officially tomorrow.

Popped into Sainsbob as near there unusually, my nearest is 12 miles.

Bought a tin of Roses 3.99 ,why I do not know.
    the Sainsbobs mag 1.60, I do like that.
    some cotton wool pads 49p
    some coarse salt 55p
    Mr Mus...e kitchen cleaner 1.00
    2 Cartons of Greek Gods Yoghurt 4.00, 2x2 pound coupons so free, had to have discussion over coupons but they did take them.
    and a carrier 5p ,I am in Wales, and forgot to carry bag in...........
    so spend 11.68
    minus 4.00
    total 7.68
    I only wanted the yoghurt really, but didn`t have the nerve to go to till with just that :o

quite pleased with that.
    Do I need it or just want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family